Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 08:28 AM

Default how is south store on 10-28-11?

How's the garand options look and the krag?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:16 PM

I went to pick up some ammo (200 loose) for a friend, pick up two cans of clipped I had ordered from the estore when they had it, and to look over the slings.

While I was there I checked my inventory against the store SNs - actually found a match! HRA SN 5,653,087 (mine - private sale) matched to HRA SN 5,653,088 (SG SG Special). I'll post pictures in another thread.

Mr. Michaels must be good luck - when I bought the M1917 WRA SN 471 he was in the store; then I found my first consecutive numbered Garand he was in the store.

Garands -

RG WRA - 2-3 racks

FG SA - a rack
FG HRA - two racks
FG WRA - a slew and a half (4 racks?)

Correct SA - 12 or so
Correct HRA 12 or so

SA SG Special - a rack
HRA SG Special - a rack

M1D SG - a rack
M1D RG - 2 racks

M1C SG - a rack

Few 22s left, mainly very short stocked Anshutz, a few other types (2 HR12s were sold today)

Few M1917s left - all chromed that I saw

Didn't see any M1903 family, may have been 1 or 2

Mann Accuracy Devices - 12-15

Krags - maybe 15 -20 total of all types, looked very picked over. Many shortened, some without front sights, some without rear sight or with damaged rear sight.

There seemed to be a rack of M1903A3 USGI replacement scant stocks for $75. I didn't look closely but the wood looked nice and dark. If you're interested in a USGI scant stock get there before The Reseller buys them all up to sell at $175.

The slings ALL look to be used but good condition, need washing (more dusty/musty than grimed). A few had the flat buckle (WW II), most had the later style buckle with the ridge; there were two types of keepers, about 2/3 the short square edged keeper (Leon said those were 1945 style), about 1/3 the larger keeper with the rounded edges. Some of the metal had a small amount of rust; the majority did not. All colors from black to grey to white (finish worn off). Some slings had initials, etc, in ink. The slings were rolled with a rubber band, so didn't open many. Leon said he had seen stamped dates ("1945"), the only date I saw was an "MRT 1952".

"Life is Good!"

Last edited by steelap; 10-28-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Be on my over on Wednesday. Just kidding
Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Steelap, when you check those #'s to see if you have any consecutive #'s are you handling every rifle in the store or checking against a list the store has available? Thanks and congrats!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorem1s View Post
Steelap, when you check those #'s to see if you have any consecutive #'s are you handling every rifle in the store or checking against a list the store has available? Thanks and congrats!
"Inch by inch I forged these chains...."

I had my list, and checked each rifle against it.

I don't know if the Store has an inventory. Given that the rifles are in flux - being purchased and replenished - I doubt it.

"Life is Good!"
Old 10-30-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
...I checked my inventory against the store SNs - actually found a match!
Next time you go to Vegas, take me with you!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:23 PM

If you're walking into the South Store, checking your inventory against the store's serial number inventory... then I'd say you're a pretty hardcore collector.

I'm lucky to bumble my way into whatever I may or may not be looking for.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 AM

If anyone is making a trip I could sure use a scant stock.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM

I think I am headed over on Wednesday morning. I will take a look at the scants and see what I can come up with Toki. Any other discussions need to be via PM. I will do you a favor as long as you do not blow up my other potential sales.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
I think I am headed over on Wednesday morning. I will take a look at the scants and see what I can come up with Toki. Any other discussions need to be via PM. I will do you a favor as long as you do not blow up my other potential sales.
It might be considerate to leave some stocks for other people, rather than buying all of the halfway decent ones for re-selling at 100% markup.