Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2022, 10:07 AM

Grasping groves not perfect but OK. It is cut for an 03-A3 hand guard ring. Too much wood cut out of the recoil lug area, and unnecessary relief cut under bolt handle. All in all an OK stock but not something I would pay for. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHScott View Post
It looks cut for the O3-A3 ring???
Yeah, too bad about that. If I am not mistaken it will be visible when the rifle is assembled.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrderlySgt View Post
Grasping groves not perfect but OK. It is cut for an 03-A3 hand guard ring. Too much wood cut out of the recoil lug area, and unnecessary relief cut under bolt handle. All in all an OK stock but not something I would pay for. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Thanks for the additional feedback. When you factor in shipping and taxes (for me at least) it will be close to $300.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrderlySgt View Post
Ahh, man. I just spotted the bolt cutout. Totally missed that. That sucks. The handguard ring isn't great but you can fill that and make it was less noticeable. The bolt cutout is just an obvious problem.

Last edited by longgoldsilverandlead; 12-02-2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:51 PM

It is a Minelli stock. Too bad he does not have hand guards. He has the C stock with or without hand guard. Their wood is very different than USGI wood and hard to match finish.

They Minelli work good but require fitting. A draw back to them is how they step the trigger guard inletting where it should be curved. The other drawback is the finish. Once your done fitting you have to decide how your going to finish the any raw wood. The wood is different so that takes some work also. I put a few hours getting mine fit exactly right. I posted awhile ago a tool I made to cut the trigger guard inletting steps to fit the trigger guard and the work I did to fit the receiver and trigger guard.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:05 PM

He did a nice job on the finger grooves. The A3 handguard ring cutout may be covered by the lip on the 03 rear sight base. I didn’t like the look of the wrist where it flows into the comb at the top of the butt. It looks to be curved when it should be straight.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:07 PM

Are the grooves tapered? They look straight in every photo I've seen.

-Eugene B. Sledge