Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2021, 11:05 AM

Default Shipping tsunami

Anybody willing to guess when shipping is gonna start at the faster pace? With the holidays and covid and general madness things have really slowed to a trickle. Plus there was a large influx of orders prior to election. The bottle neck created by shipping services seems to have lightened.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:08 PM

Shipping and processing. I sent an order during the first week of October, hoping to fill my 8 rifle allotment for the year, nothing but crickets so far. Now with my working from home being extended another 3 months, I may just make the trip to Anniston and cancel this order, if it is not already lost somewhere.

"Confirmation of order could take up to 4-6 weeks, 8-12 Week Delivery", taken from the sales page.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:42 PM

Man I hope something soon. Sent in order for service grade Nov. 1, E store Ammo and barrel Dec.3. charged for barrel right away, just charged for ammo. I'm sure they have been slammed like never before.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
"Confirmation of order could take up to 4-6 weeks, 8-12 Week Delivery", taken from the sales page.
The thing I am curious about is whether that means to expect to receive your rifle to ship after 18 weeks. Even then, I got my confirmation email at 9 weeks, not the 6 they indicate on their website. At 12 weeks since my order was received now. So another 6 weeks potentially? Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief jeff View Post
Man I hope something soon. Sent in order for service grade Nov. 1, E store Ammo and barrel Dec.3. charged for barrel right away, just charged for ammo. I'm sure they have been slammed like never before.
I made the rookie mistake of ordering ammo on my application packet rather than going through the E-Store. If I had gone through the E-Store, I imagine I would have received my ammo by now like some others have that ordered around the same time. Now I fear there is no .30-06 left (none listed on the E-Store currently). Oh well, you live and learn.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:44 PM

On the new order timeline a members who's order received date on 10/5 is one day before my order was received on 10/6 had his rifle shipped yesterday 1/12. His hit the estore on 12/11 and mine on 12/22 so I'm expecting at least 11 more days for mine to be shipped.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:00 PM

They rec'd my order for WRA FG 11/2 and cashed my check 11/9. Other than them cashing the check I've heard nothing. I used an expired C&R license for the marksmanship requirement. My C&R had a previous address in another state. I sent them everything but the kitchen sink including a copy of my old California DL & my new Kansas DL to tie everything together. I'm anticipating a delivery date of Feb 5th or so assuming all goes well.

Last edited by Wichita Lineman; 01-13-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:16 PM

I ordered 2 WRA FG 10/05. Estore on 12/16 but nothing. My card has not been charged.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:29 PM

This is still a lot faster than it has been in the past. My first Garand, order to shipment date, was about 6-mo. Just let the system work itself out. Enjoy the anticipation!
Old 01-13-2021, 04:42 PM

I'm certainly not sweating the wait.
Anticipation is part of the fun.
My first Garand from summer 2010 was 11 weeks as I recall.