Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > EIC Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2016, 09:19 PM

Default Sig Pistols appropriate? Competitive?

I dabbled around with a rebuilt Springfield GI in the early 2000's, looking to get back into things, and the pistol rules look very different!

I have a Sig 1911 Super Target, a 226 X-Five, and a 226 Elite Stainless.

First, I'm wondering if they're legal? Are the rails under the 226's a show stopper?

Second, are guys winning with Sigs? Are guys winning with P226's?

Not adverse to building/buying a new pistol, but sure wouldn't hurt my feelings to use one of these and spend the money on ammo and gas!
Old 09-25-2016, 10:13 PM

The Sig 1911 Super Target is not legal for the EIC match because of the grips.
"Pistols must have standard, symmetrical grips of wood or synthetic material with no palm swell or thumb rest. Weighted grips, metal grips and Pachmayr-style wrap-around grips are not permitted. The stock must be functionally identical for right or left-hand use."

You could use it in NRA matches.

The P226 is legal in 9mm, .357 SIG and .40 S&W for the EIC match. The accessory rail on the bottom of the frame is okay.

I have not seen anyone use a SIG in the EIC match or at an NRA sanctioned match. Most (99.9%) are still using either a 1911 style pistol in .45 ACP or the Beretta M9 type pistol in 9 mm. I know of only one person shooting a Glock, with terrible results.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:21 PM

Good (albeit disappointing) feedback for the P226's. I shoot my Sig 226 X-Five most often, so I shoot it best, but it's a comfort/familiarity issue more than anything to do with raw precision.

Given a grip swap to standard shingles, I'd assume the Sig 1911 Super Target would fit the rules?
Old 09-25-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varminterror View Post
Good (albeit disappointing) feedback for the P226's. I shoot my Sig 226 X-Five most often, so I shoot it best, but it's a comfort/familiarity issue more than anything to do with raw precision.

Given a grip swap to standard shingles, I'd assume the Sig 1911 Super Target would fit the rules?
As far as I can tell, looking at the photo of it, yes, if you change out the grips, it should be legal, as long as it is in .45 ACP.