Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 PM

Default M1903A4 Back from Custom Shop

Since I live in Alabama, I went to the Custom Shop this morning to pick up my M1903A4 (My experience with Fedex delivery to my home is terrible; usually the driver just leaves the delivery notice tag without knocking or ringing the doorbell. My neighbors have had the same thing happen.) Anyway, it was also a nice day to get off work and drive through pretty country and small towns.

The CS had my rifle for 5 months and a week, but looking at the work, it was worth it, and very reasonably priced. I bought the rifle about a year and a half ago; it was sporterized, with a shortened barrel and polish blued. Fortunately it still had the right bolt and scope base. I had the CS replace the barrel and parkerize the barrelled action, scope base, rings and other parts, matte blue the bolt and other parts, and notch a C-stock I got from another member for bolt handle clearance. The park is dark gray, and the matte blue is practically black. All tooling marks, inspections stamps, etc. were left intact.

The CS called me twice to discuss work, and they always answered emails quickly as well. One of the calls concerned a crack in the C-stock, at the front recoil lug area. It doesn't appear to al the way through, but I'll post a question regarding repair somewhere else.

Unfortunately, the South Store was closed, so CMP didn't get any extra money from me today. However, Jeremy did give me a good tip on a family-run diner in Talladega for lunch on the way home.

I'll post pics soon.

Thanks again Custom Shop!
Old 09-23-2016, 11:17 PM

A few quick pics.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:51 PM

Thats is one great looking rifle!
Old 10-01-2016, 02:26 PM

Very, very nice!
Old 10-01-2016, 03:22 PM

Very nice indeed. The wait must have been tough, but it sure looks like it was worth it!