Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default Bill Fairless Reaches Unmatched Feat During Travel Games in 2016

Bill Fairless Reaches Unmatched Feat During Travel Games in 2016 - I just wanted to try to shoot as many matches as possible. And the CMP keeps adding new ones, so I have to try those too, said Bill Fairless while at the 2016 Talladega 600 in December. The 600 was the last of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) matches fired in 2016 to feature Travel Games events a series of select rifle and pistol events scattered around the country each year.

Games Matches begin in April with the Oklahoma Games, followed by the Eastern Games in North Carolina in May, Talladega D-Day events in June and its own scheduled string of events at the National Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio, in July. In 2016, the New England Games in Vermont was added in September, as the annual Western Games fired in Arizona again in October.

Bill Fairless, 62, of Vienna, Ill., was the only competitor to travel to every single Travel Games match in 2016.

Read more at http://thecmp.org/bill-fairless-reac...games-in-2016/. 
Old 01-25-2017, 09:07 PM

Bill is one of the reasons I come back to the Games matches, great guy to shoot with. And his wife Kitty is the sweetest Lady you could ever meet.
Got to know him in 2012 at OK Games.