Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 12:24 PM

Default 2017 New England Games - Who's Going!

The proposed match schedule is up, looks similar/same as last years, which I thought was great! http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...h-Schedule.pdf
I can't wait for September, it was a truly fantastic event. Five days of match shooting with the best folks in the country, at a spectacular Green Mountains location & Army training facility. I plan on making this an annual pilgrimage, as long as I can hold a rifle. Who else is going!

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 01-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Thumbs up

I'm definitely going to be going again and bringing some more shooters with me. I had a fantastic time at the Inaugural Match and met a lot of great people. Base accommodations are very nice and inexpensive. Thank you CMP and Vermont R&P Assoc. for a great event. Eddie
Old 01-19-2017, 10:29 AM

Eddie,do you have to share a room at base accommodations or can you get a room solo?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 PM

The CMP put two in a room that accommodated four. There was plenty of room. I suppose you could ask for a private room. The price was $10.00 a night. Hope to see you there Randy. Eddie
Old 01-21-2017, 07:28 AM

Yep, already looking forward to it. Had a great time last September.

Will also be driving down to Butner this year for the first time.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:03 AM

Default Vermont games

Hotel reservation made for a night in Ft Ticonderoga to see that place again and another night in Springfield MA. To see the museum.
Checked other hotels in Burlington area and they are very expensive because of homecomings and leaf looker folks.
Looks like it will be barracks.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
Hotel reservation made for a night in Ft Ticonderoga to see that place again and another night in Springfield MA. To see the museum.
Checked other hotels in Burlington area and they are very expensive because of homecomings and leaf looker folks.
Looks like it will be barracks.
Randy, It will be great to shoot with you again. Phil and I will both be there and other Tioga shooters are also going. See you there, Eddie
Old 03-27-2017, 11:43 AM

looking to attend this year for my first ever CMP event.......some things have to fall into place before its set in stone but im trying to make it a family outing.......we own a lake house in the Adirondacks about an hour and a half from the shoot, but were thinking about staying right at the barracks......anyone know if I can get a separate room for myself, wife and 2 year old daughter??
Old 03-27-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandhunter31 View Post
looking to attend this year for my first ever CMP event.......some things have to fall into place before its set in stone but im trying to make it a family outing.......we own a lake house in the Adirondacks about an hour and a half from the shoot, but were thinking about staying right at the barracks......anyone know if I can get a separate room for myself, wife and 2 year old daughter??
I would venture to say I think you can get a room to accommodate your family. I arrived expecting to stay in a mulitibed barracks house, and when I checked in they asked if I wanted a private room with a mini frig for the same $10 a night. I did and it was very comfortable. I think there were numerous room options with a couple of beds for guys who came with a friend/partner or spouse.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 03-27-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
I would venture to say I think you can get a room to accommodate your family. I arrived expecting to stay in a mulitibed barracks house, and when I checked in they asked if I wanted a private room with a mini frig for the same $10 a night. I did and it was very comfortable. I think there were numerous room options with a couple of beds for guys who came with a friend/partner or spouse.
thank you.....