Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 AM

That is one other thing I meant to say. I wouldn't recommend a kinetic puller for that many rounds. But I have also read that the collet pullers don't always work well with pistol bullets because there is less body for them to grab.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:06 AM

Gents.....plundering through many cans of powder to see what is still sealed so I can sell it & found a single stage press. I may opt for one of the pliers like pullers linked in an earlier post here. The rusty, heavily crimped WW 2 German 8mm is my biggest concern now, I have sold all the 9mm Egypt. I found 1000 more empty prepped 9mm cases & another 3000 bullets. Not much for MG use, be we dont shoot 9mm subguns much any more, as we have aged, mounted belt feds are easier to play with.!!!!

PJH
Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
Gents.....plundering through many cans of powder to see what is still sealed so I can sell it & found a single stage press. I may opt for one of the pliers like pullers linked in an earlier post here. The rusty, heavily crimped WW 2 German 8mm is my biggest concern now, I have sold all the 9mm Egypt. I found 1000 more empty prepped 9mm cases & another 3000 bullets. Not much for MG use, be we dont shoot 9mm subguns much any more, as we have aged, mounted belt feds are easier to play with.!!!!

PJH
I have 800 .223 reloaded rounds that a friend gave me. He said his dad messed them up and can't be shot, so I'm taking them apart. I'm about 3/4 of the way through them. I have a Hornady collet puller and it works stupendously. It takes about 6-7 seconds each to pull them apart. Way way WAY better than an inertial puller. That said, I haven't tried them on pistol rounds yet. I have some of Heck's Egyptian rounds coming that I'm going to try it out on. I'll let you know how it does.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:41 PM

I know with older rifle ammo, guys used to run them through the seater die and set them back a couple thousandths to break the bond that forms over time between the bullet and case. Doing that may make them easier to pull also.

How is Donna doing?

Ryan V
Old 04-13-2017, 11:53 PM

This works great to pull the Swedish wooden bullets, In the correct caliber:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/313...r-308-diameter

I have never tried it with real bullets so I don't know if they would be marred. I like the Hornady/RCBS collet puller for those.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:43 AM

Default Kinetic Bullet Bullers ...

Kinetic bullet pullers work best when slammed against a hard surface. Not a wood surface. An anvil works. Also thick concrete. Be sure to wear protective garments and hand and eye protection. We use a heavy blacksmith apron with welding gloves and a motorcycle helmet with a full face shield.