Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > South > Arkansas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Default Hello

Hi from Jonesboro
Old 10-27-2009, 08:45 PM

I'm close...Dyersburg, TN. I know several guys in Blytheville. I helped them host their first Garand Match at the end of September.

We have one at our range near Troy, TN this Sunday.

Wayne
Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM

I am new to the Garand stuff. My first order is "open" right now. I have been wanting to make a trip to the South Store to get some more ammo before its gone and also a carbine (just don't tell my wife). Do you have to be a GCA member to shoot in a competition or what is needed? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 AM

Most clubs will let you shoot a match without being a member - it is a great way to recruit new members. I do not belong to GSA, so I do not know anything about them or if GSA membership qualifies for CMP Club membership requirements.

If you have your handgun carry permit it does count as competition fulfillment.

I would make sure you meet all requirements before heading down to the CMP store. Once you get there and see racks and racks of rifles you'll find you did not bring enough money, so take a credit card or two. The staff is great and will work with you, especially if you tell them you are a newbie. Most other customers will also be willing to lend you a hand a well.

Some of the guys over in Blytheville were looking at going to Anniston soon, maybe you could hook up with them.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM

I am going to make the trip tomorrow afternoon (wed nov 4). I haven't been able to get anyone around here to go so I will go by myself.
I don't have a concealed carry license since I am in law enforcement. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a SG Carbine.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM

How did the trip go?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Hey there Dstout, I am a Harrisburg boy myself. Are you with the Jonesboro PD? When I was in college I worked for Information Systems and my office was in the same building as the PD when it was in the old Post office.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 AM

The trip went good. I did a bloody eye run and drove 726 miles in less than 24 hours. I left at 6 pm and got home at 4 pm the next day. I spent about 3 hours in the store and found me a nice little QW Carbine that should be here some time this week. I can't wait.
I posted some info and pics in the South Store Forum.

Yep. I have been there for 2 years now and love it. I worked at Dispatch from 00-01. I am working 3rds now and having a blast.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Hello there,

I live about 10 miles east of Batesville. I make it over to Harrisburg and Jonesboro occasionally.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Default CMP Sporter Shooting

Benton Gun Club has a CMP Sporter RF Match on the 4th Saturday of each month. To help get it started we have slightly changed the rules for our local matches as follows:

*Currently to get things started and not stifle participation, we are waiving the weight limit, trigger pull weight limit, and the scope power limit (however for a variable power scopes, they must be set on the lowest power or 6x whichever is higher).

For our Match schedule, go to our Club's website ( http://www.bentongunclub.org/index.html ) and select Calender on the left side. The website also has a map to our range as well as contact phone numbers for each match on the match schedules.

Select the printable pdf file as the member that updates the larger monthly calender does not always update ALL the matches, just his.

George Toney
Asst Match Director