Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Atlantic > Pennsylvania
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2014, 08:44 AM

Thank you and a big thank you to all 20 competitors, Alan, our pit boss, and my wife & daughter for their patience and endurance
Thanks also goes to John & Diane Hoover of Accuracy One Shooting supplies for the bags of cleaning patches they donated for each shooter
Please support those who support us
http://www.accuracyone.com/

Dense fog greeted the 20 Ironmen Saturday morning Sept 27 at Reade Range. Our scheduled commence fire time was 8:00 am but at that time visibility was barely 50 yds so we had nothing to do but wait. Finally the sun worked its magic and at 10:15 the first shots were fired. What had started out as a foggy morning turned into a beautiful fall Pa. day. With the cooperation of all involved, we were able to burn every last drop of daylight Saturday had to offer and finished the match at a few minutes after 7:00 pm
We had a very nice mix of veteran, moderately experienced, and fairly new shooters I think every effort was made to make the newer shooters feel welcome and they gained valuable experience that only a match like this can offer
This match is definitely a grind and I have had a few guys tell me they don't shoot it because it's just too much but for those of use who do participate ...we wouldn't have it any other way

M1 match winner David Burd 285-3x
Springfield winner Tom Hemphill 284-6x
Vintage winner Tom Hemphill 281-6x
3 gun:
Gold Tom Hemphill 831-16
Silver Bruce Long 812-11
Bronze John Lechnar 806-14

Last edited by TomH; 09-29-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: scores added
Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 AM

Shooting 3 rifles 35 rounds each is only 5 rounds less than a NRA 1,000 point regional match. I would be flinching for a month after a day of .30cal like that. You guys put in a hard day.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:12 PM

After each shooter completed their 105th round I don't think anyone wanted 106