Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 AM

The Forum users do not control how it is run. It is not a democracy. With that said, I do appreciate the fact that the Mods responded to earlier concerns and decided to do this. It shows that they are responsive to the users' input to some extent and I thank them for that. I really wish that they hadn't taken away the feedback feature and would reconsider their approach to the issues with that as well.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:41 AM

Default It's a shame a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us

But, several other forums that I follow and post on have deleted their "sales" by members section for the similar reasons. Liability and lawsuits. I don't blame the CMP for taking steps to distance themselves from problems that are beyond their control.

I've only been a member of the forum about 2 years. I have never posted a lot as I always felt that I probably didn't bring much intelligence to the topics. As I have learned, I have tried to contribute, but like many others just try to absorb, which is what the forum is about in the first place. Sharing knowledge...
NRA Certified Instructor in Rifle, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Metallic & Shotshell Reloading. NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Illinois Certified CCW Instructor
Missouri CCW Instructor
Old 03-31-2014, 04:36 PM

WOW I am very inattentive. I never even realized the feedback I had is all gone. That is kinda a crock we cannot leave or receive feedback anymore..And all of it is gone. Vanished!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW56 View Post
Precison40, if my first and last name and state of residence are included in my profile.

Will I be ok for WTS ads if I restrict access to my profile through the forums profile privacy settings to registered member only?

TW56
Yes sir, you are good.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 AM

Another bastion of civility is destroyed for the felonious ways so few (no FKG more than 3% +/-) like the bad apples in every aspect of the human condition. When do the 97% again get to exist and flourish??? Unfortunately probably not in this Forum, and more scarily in this once and Absolutely the Best of all Nations / Republics ever! I fear tremendously for my Kids, Grandkids, Nieces and Nephews in this now crazy, nonsensical world we all live in, where the criminal 3% get to control the destiny of the 97%. God help us all! It is BS, but apparently that is the reality, which is wrong and sucks.

Rich Casano (aka, ricco)

Last edited by ricco; 04-03-2014 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Manning UP
Old 05-03-2014, 11:10 PM

Default Preaching to the Choir!

First, a very large thanks to all the great people that I have dealt with on CMP.

Because of all your help, knowledge and parts for sale at a reasonable prices I have managed to put together a very nice collection of carbines and at that I show at a local gun show in south florida.

The veterans love it and it is all based on ww2.

During the past two years I've been on this site I have never been burned.

It's to bad that most of us work to do what's right for our fellow members and to have the chance to view a members history is good for everyone who is keeping it above board and honest.

There's another dude that talked about TRANSPARENCY and look where that went.

Give us back our chance to keep the trash out of a terrific opportunity to buy, sell trade and BS with our fellow collectors with out having to worry about another jackass trying to put something where the sun doesn't shine, life has plenty of them, we don't want them on this website!

Thanks for letting me rant,

Rich, aka War Baby
Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 AM

Hope and change has struck here too.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Banned

I've had at least 3 bad trans here.Two were to well known sellers. Names and addresses meant nothing.