Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
unless theres been a change in the CMP rules, arent 1911/1911A1 and the M9 or equivalent (NOT a Taurus) the only guns allowed in PISTOL E-I-C matches?

specifically rule 6.4 (2007, the first rule book i came across)...

if youre talking about NRA pistol matches then yeah, i think you can shoot anything thats safe...
The rules changed for this year. Just about any 1911 type pistol is legal as long as it is chambered for .45 ACP. They added a long list of other pistols as well. The new rule book is posted under the main CMP website under the Competitions section. There is a separate rule book for the Games matches.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
The rules changed for this year. Just about any 1911 type pistol is legal as long as it is chambered for .45 ACP. They added a long list of other pistols as well. The new rule book is posted under the main CMP website under the Competitions section. There is a separate rule book for the Games matches.
Sorry to intrude, but I have a nice Colt Combat Commander with an adjustable sight. Would it be legal? If I replaced the slide and barrel with another slide (5 inches) and match barrel, would it make the cut under the new rules?
Old 10-26-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
Rule changes affecting what pistol is legal took affect in 2015 primarily I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
Sorry to intrude, but I have a nice Colt Combat Commander with an adjustable sight. Would it be legal? If I replaced the slide and barrel with another slide (5 inches) and match barrel, would it make the cut under the new rules?
The rule book is available online, you should be familiar with it to help you avoid frustration. It's challenging starting out because there is so much information to get a hold of.

Page 34 2015 rule book: "U. S. Government or Colt M1911 Service Pistols or commercial versions of the same type (M1911) and caliber. These pistols must be chambered for the .45ACP cartridge a
nd have a barrel length not greater than 5.100”

https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rulebook.pdf

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02; 10-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.