Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2015, 12:19 PM

Default Ft. Hill R&P Club 9/ 26+27 EIC Match report

Hi all
My Son and I drove from near Cleveland, Ohio to the Ft. Hill Rifle & Pistol Club(FHRPC) in Oldtown, Maryland, to participate in 2 EIC rifle matches on September 26th and 27th, 2015:the Saturday match was a 80 shot match, and Sunday was a 50 shot match.

First of all, both matches where safe and professionally run "across the course" matches.

The group of 39 non-Distinguished shooters on Sunday was the largest ever at FHRPC, and 4 Leg Medals were given out! There was a nice awards ceremony after each match.

About the awards...Maryland has VERY restrictive gun laws compaired to Ohio. Along with a laminated certificate to winners in each catagory, FHRPC gave them a stripped AR-15 LOWER RECIEVER with there own cool logo engraved on it!
That's a lot better than a plaque, and shows a lot of "backbone" by the leadership of FHRPC, in my opinion!
Maybe other clubs will follow there lead?

One young man went Distinguished because of this match. Congradulations to him! As his photo was taken and award was given, he was hit from behind with a 5 gallon cooler of water! THAT should be a good photo.

This has got to be the most efficiantly laid out range I have ever seen. Especially considering it is between 2 hills!

Ft. Hill Rifle & Pistol Club: A very memorable time for both of us. We will be back.

Here is a link to there website: http://www.fhrpc.org/

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/
Old 10-02-2015, 07:00 PM

I'm glad you hear you all had a good time. I'm a member, and try to help out the professionals that run the matches as much as I can. As I'm still chasing the badge , I can't really get too involved. I'm also the lucky chap that won a lower with the "poker hand" raffle.

We have had 2 people leg out on our range this year alone, and probably less than 10 in the 20 + years we've had the range.

I can speak with great confidence that the match director's are very interested in hearing feedback from the events. I will pass this along to them. Lucky for us, one of are hard holders has his FFL and was able to do all the paperwork to make sure all of our awards were legally transferred ( at no cost).

Hope you see you next year!

Roy

Last edited by park ranger; 10-02-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:21 PM

Definatly a special thanks to all who make the hill what it is. Its the best time i have all year shooting with that crew. I believe i had the pleasure of being the tateget next to you and your boy sunday?

Last edited by aloreman; 10-02-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 AM

Any chance of posting winners and scores?
Old 10-03-2015, 11:01 AM

From 50 shot EIC MATCH:
Gold Medal: **Matthew Lovre, 488-11X

Silver Medal: **David Canfield, 483-9X

Bronze Medal: Tim Bloss, 482-13X

Bronze Medal: Roy Leidy, 477-9X

From 80 shot CMP regional & State Championship:

2015 Maryland State Service Rifle Champion:****Roy Leidy, 782-22X

Second Overall:****MSgt Greg Blackstock, 776-18X

Third Overall:****Robert McClain, 775-23X

High Junior** Matthew Lovre, 773-36X

Maryland Champion:**CDR Joe Zerby, 771-16X

High Senior:**Roger Bloss, 735-8X

High Woman:****Lauren Owens, 723-8X

I had to cut and paste from the National Match fourm. It looked a little messy when I tried to get all 39 shooters scores in here. If you really want a complete list, pm me a email address and I can try to send it that way.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:39 PM

I'll head over to NM I didn't know they were up there.

What was the cutoff for legs?
Old 10-03-2015, 01:43 PM

477 9 x.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 AM

Thanks. I'm almost competitive. Another season of shooting and practicing and I may be able to start taking some road trips.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:42 AM

Don't get discouraged by the cut scores at Fort hill. They have been running way above average. I shot a 471 at perry, and that was good enough for a hard leg. My 471 last week is not even leather. Aloreman got that.

We do lots of 3x600 matches, and nra 800 matches, that's good practice but much lower pressure.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:26 PM

Park Ranger,

Can you please provide a link to the National Match forum you are referring to?

Thanks,
Trigger