Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > EIC Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2015, 05:57 AM

Default EIC Match Centerfire Pistol question

With all of the different pistols for the EIC Match, would a Springfield Armory Range Officer pistol in 9mm be allowed? Any information would be helpful, as the rulebook does allow 9mm to 45 ACP. Thanks for the help, Bruce J.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:11 AM

It's not allowed--1911s have to be in 45 ACP.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:24 PM

Next question: Are enlarged maxwells allowed? Nothing says they are prohibited and some 1911's are shipping with them. Since the extended bas pads are allowed it seems that they would be, as the only real need for a base pad is if you have a magwell.
Wyatt Trophy
Admiral Arleigh Burke Trophy
Old 04-25-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubacap View Post
Next question: Are enlarged maxwells allowed? Nothing says they are prohibited and some 1911's are shipping with them. Since the extended bas pads are allowed it seems that they would be, as the only real need for a base pad is if you have a magwell.
I would have said, yes, they would be allowed, but looking at this year's rules they specify mods aren't allowed unless specifically called out in Rule 6.2.2, so I guess not.

The base pads are more or less to protect the mag when it drops onto the ground. From a practical standpoint a lot of good mags just have them. The flared magwell is for quicker mag changes.

Typically the flared well is just part of the mainspring housing, so it could be swapped out fairly inexpensively.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM

I had no problem with my 1911 with mag well/MSH at the nationals last year.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBore870 View Post
I had no problem with my 1911 with mag well/MSH at the nationals last year.
That's good to hear--at this point it should be about inclusion. It's also quite possible there's another area in the new rules that allow them that I missed. I guess a hard-hearted match director might object because a magwell extension adds weight to the gun, and they still don't allow metal grips because of weight (some shooters who feel the extra weight helps use tungsten parts.....). Realistically at Nationals they check the trigger weight and safeties, and is a military or CMP armorer really going to call someone out over a minor issue? Probably not, at least I hope not.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpm32 View Post
That's good to hear--at this point it should be about inclusion. It's also quite possible there's another area in the new rules that allow them that I missed. I guess a hard-hearted match director might object because a magwell extension adds weight to the gun, and they still don't allow metal grips because of weight (some shooters who feel the extra weight helps use tungsten parts.....). Realistically at Nationals they check the trigger weight and safeties, and is a military or CMP armorer really going to call someone out over a minor issue? Probably not, at least I hope not.
Yeah, why should we care about the rules? C'mon guys, they have dumbed-down the Service Pistol EIC match enough. How about living with the rules we have.

If you want magwell extensions to be legal, write an email to the Competitions Section and they will probably make the change for you, but for now, how about using a legal pistol.

We just had one guy DQ'd for using plated bullets instead of jacketed at the OKC Games.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:51 PM

Are there many who still come out and shoot USGI M1911A1's? If Ican swing going to the New England Games, I'll shoot the pistol match with my 1944 Ogden Arsenal Remington Rand rebuild.
GSM Master Instructor
Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
Yeah, why should we care about the rules? C'mon guys, they have dumbed-down the Service Pistol EIC match enough. How about living with the rules we have.

If you want magwell extensions to be legal, write an email to the Competitions Section and they will probably make the change for you, but for now, how about using a legal pistol.

We just had one guy DQ'd for using plated bullets instead of jacketed at the OKC Games.
The hard-hearted match director has arrived!!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:06 AM

What would be the problem using plated bullets?