Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2016, 11:55 AM

Default Oklahoma Games

Thanks to all the CMP and OKC people that ran the match. As always the staff works long hours and does everything humanly possible to insure everyone has a great experience. The portable E targets were popular among virtually everyone I spoke with during the week. We know you will work out the bugs. Until Mother Nature literally slammed the lid shut they seemed to function well wirelessly. One phrase not spoken all week....."I wish we were going to the pits".

To pass on some of what Mr Johnson told us: They are Looking at E target matches set up so shooters would have a Tee time like golf, in this case Target times. Hopefully this will allow some of us to shoot rifle and pistol matches on the same day without sacrificing one or the other. This could only help pistol attendance.

One suggestion for the portable E targets echoed by several.....There should be a monitor on each side of the trailer so everyone can see what is happening. The last day when it was moved to the side there were always several people viewing it. I would have some type of mounts on the side of the trailer itself. Something simple and fast like the old CB radio mic clips. That would make mounting them a matter of seconds. Weatherproofing them would be needed as well.
Distinguished Rifleman #2227
Old 04-12-2016, 12:58 PM

Bugs or not it was an outstanding match (as were all the CMP run Matches I've shot). I'm sure the bugs will be worked out and if I'm alive, I will be back next year.

The only thing I would like to change, but should be addressed to the Rules Committee instead the conduct of this match, and I think Mr Johnson eluded to it, that being using F-Class targets for the Vintage Sniper Match instead of the HP targets.

As too pits, I like shooting the electronic targets but I do miss the visiting that goes on in the pits. On the line, it seems people are more concerned (as they should be) with shooting instead of the BS sessions in the pits. I'm not the only one, I've talked to several with the same thoughts, though none of us wanted to give up the electronic targets.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:27 PM

Default Refund check

The refund check from CMP Oklahoma games came today.
Thanks CMP for all you do for us competitors.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:25 AM

Always enjoy the Games matches at OKC.
Just a few minor problems with the pistol matches.
The volunteer range personnel were not familiar with the pistol rules and how to check/clear a refire/alibi. And they did not enforce the rule about not talking on the line when people were shooting.
The CMP had the medals to present to the rifle shooters, but not the pistol competitors at the awards ceremony.
Looking forward to next year.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:06 AM

Whatever happened to the drone footage from the match at OKC?

Apparently someone ran a drone at the Creedmoor Camp Butner match - and then video edited it and put it up on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MTI1E0TcZk&sns=fbTotally awesome. I'm wondering if there was some posting from the OKC footage anywhere?