Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Question Threads not appearing after viewing

I've noticed that after clicking on a thread and viewing it, if I later hit "new posts" that thread will not reappear in the listing of threads until someone has later added a response to the thread. This is troublesome if I want to find the thread again, before anyone has responded to it, wherein the only way to do so is by remembering which forum the thread was located, and going into that specific forum to try and locate the thread. I've looked under the UserCP to see if I can change this, so that similar to other forum boards, clicking on "new posts" reveals all threads regardless if I've viewed them or not. Anyway I can change this?

Thanks,
~duce
Old 06-19-2016, 12:18 PM
GSM Master Instructor

It is operating correctly. It's no longer in "new posts" because it has no "new posts". If you want to find it again, click on "thread tools" and subscribe.
Mike B
Old 06-19-2016, 03:14 PM

"New posts" should only show threads if they have new posts. That's he point. I'm on a ton of forums and they all operate the same way

If you've posted on it already, just click your username and "find all posts by Duce". It will bring up everything you've ever posted on
Old 06-19-2016, 03:28 PM

Not that way on other forums. On nearly ever other forum, "New posts" includes a listing of posts in order that they are made, most recent being at the top, and regardless if I've read them or not. In other words, it's not "new posts that I haven't read" which is the way it is set up here.

A fellow member gave me a decent work-around option, though. Under the "quick links" there is a "today's posts" tab. Clicking on this, it will show all of today's post, from most recent to oldest, including the ones I've read but haven't had further responses. (Thanks X Hunter)