Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default CMP Games Oklahoma

Six more months until the CMP travels back to the Oklahoma City Gun Club for the CMP Games Oklahoma. Clinics, Rifle Small Arms Firing School, Pistol and Rifle Matches Its going to be a great time!! Make plans and Save the Date: 5-9 April. For more information, visit http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-t...s/cmpgames_ok/.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:08 AM

Default 2017 Oklahoma games

Thanks for the early update.
Will combine with Tulsa gun show April 1&2.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:25 PM

I am a new Garand owner and new to the CMP, so please excuse the "newbie" question: How does one register for this, or for parts of it? Will this be on the website closer to the date? I would like to start getting involved, so going to something smaller, regional, and close to home seems like a good way to do that.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitist View Post
I am a new Garand owner and new to the CMP, so please excuse the "newbie" question: How does one register for this, or for parts of it? Will this be on the website closer to the date? I would like to start getting involved, so going to something smaller, regional, and close to home seems like a good way to do that.
__________________________________________________ _______________

I'm surprised no one has replied to your question yet. You can go here: https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.p...r_value=TRAVEL
and check. You have to register/login to registrer for any matches.

I just checked and it's not on the website yet. Just keep checking. If you have other questions you can't get answered PM me and I'll try to help. You'll love shooting your Garand. CMP does a good job running matches. Don't stay in the shadows and watch too long. Just dive in and have fun. Tell them you are new and they will bend over backwards to help. No one cares how good/bad you shoot. They DO care that you are safe. There is a TON of good info on this site. Soak it up. Have fun!

Keith Schachle
Old 11-12-2016, 08:43 PM

Default OKC Games

There will be due and timely notice for registration.What is important is finding hotel accommodations nearby and affordable.Suggest Jan 1,2017.
Last year could not get in near Edmond had to go to Guthrie,no biggy just not expected.
Don't forget ,think about going to Tulsa gun show a week earlier,or seeing sights in OKC. Such as 45 th Infantry Museum,Bombing Museum, NAtional Cowboy Museum,and best of all the Davis Gun Museum in Claremore,OK.Largest private gun collection,15,000 guns,better than NRA museum and free.
Mike your trip worth while.
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper,closer you get to the end the faster it goes."
Old 11-18-2016, 12:29 PM

Neat
Old 11-20-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-Sierra View Post
__________________________________________________ _______________

I'm surprised no one has replied to your question yet. You can go here: https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.p...r_value=TRAVEL
and check. You have to register/login to registrer for any matches.

I just checked and it's not on the website yet. Just keep checking. If you have other questions you can't get answered PM me and I'll try to help. You'll love shooting your Garand. CMP does a good job running matches. Don't stay in the shadows and watch too long. Just dive in and have fun. Tell them you are new and they will bend over backwards to help. No one cares how good/bad you shoot. They DO care that you are safe. There is a TON of good info on this site. Soak it up. Have fun!

Keith Schachle
Thanks, Keith, and BuddyBoy, too. I'm looking forward to participating!
Old 12-13-2016, 09:22 AM

Howdy all, I'm wanting to attend the OK games. Never been to a multi day event and I can't stay all days. Question is what all I can do in a couple of days? Interested in vintage team sniper, Springfield, foreign vintage, m1 carbine, garand. Am I trying for to much or not enough? Anybody been there done that? Jhurst
Old 12-13-2016, 09:32 AM

You can generally shoot two different matches per day. Look at the shedule when it comes out and sign up for the matches you want. Oklahoma games are first class--electronic targets and an excellent facility. Good Shooting. ...
Old 12-13-2016, 10:19 AM

Thank you for the quick reply! Do they have facilities for 200 yard garand and for the 300/600 vintage sniper or do they use different distances? Thank you, jhurst