Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2016, 01:58 PM

GSM, Service Rifle, and Vintage Sniper all shot on their 200/300/600 yd range.
Distinguished Rifleman #2227
Old 12-13-2016, 04:15 PM

2017 will be my 4 year at the OK City Games. Its the premier of my shooting season.

I take may camper again and park on the range, and use a 4 wheeler to get to the ranges.

Soon as the CMP opens up registration you can bet I'll be signing up. Be shooting (at least) Garand, Springfield, Military, Carbine and Vintage Sniper.

My M1A is a super match, so I cant shoot it in the Modern Military, maybe I can find some good ammo for my SP1. I have my DR badge so the EIC match is out, might shoot it for fun, time permitting.

But you can bet I'll be in OK in April.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:34 PM

Kraigwy, sounds like your sold on Oklahoma! I appreciate your input. So this target system has monitors so a spotting scope is not needed? Your range transportation is your 4 wheeler? So I guess the shooting areas are spread out? How many different matches do you compete in each day? Jhurst
Old 12-13-2016, 05:46 PM

No actually the ranges are close together. Except the Carbine range, but its not far.

Many people walk, most take vehicles. I'm lazy so I take my 4 wheeler. Wife often comes and takes off with the truck.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:18 PM

I like the idea of a golf cart or 4 wheeler. Have you shot the vintage team sniper match before?
Old 12-13-2016, 06:27 PM

I shoot the vintage sniper match in OK city, or anywhere else I go, if its available, with my homemade M1904A4
Old 03-12-2017, 08:16 AM

Default Okla games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
There will be due and timely notice for registration.What is important is finding hotel accommodations nearby and affordable.Suggest Jan 1,2017.
Last year could not get in near Edmond had to go to Guthrie,no biggy just not expected.
Don't forget ,think about going to Tulsa gun show a week earlier,or seeing sights in OKC. Such as 45 th Infantry Museum,Bombing Museum, NAtional Cowboy Museum,and best of all the Davis Gun Museum in Claremore,OK.Largest private gun collection,15,000 guns,better than NRA museum and free.
Mike your trip worth while.
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper,closer you get to the end the faster it goes."
Just a reminder to all.
Most museums are closed on Mondays in Oklahoma,check first.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:40 PM

Who else is going? I only have time to shoot the CMP as issued 1911 pistol match in the morning and two GSM matches Friday afternoon before I have to head home to California.

I plan on shooting an M1 in the first match and a 1903A3 in the second.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:41 AM

Default Newbie question about GSMM squadding

I'm planning to shoot in the 4 gun GSMM at Oklahoma in a couple of weeks and I have a newbie question. I'm registered to shoot twice on Thursday (after the GSM orientation clinic) and twice on Friday. I'm bringing my M1 Garand (a CMP special), a 1903A3 also obtained from CMP, a Swedish M96, and an AR15. How is it determined what gun I shoot in which part of the event? I wouldn't be surprised if this is covered in the GSM clinic, but I've been wondering about it and would appreciate a heads up on how this works. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2017, 07:35 AM
Administrator

You will be issued scorecards for the events you registered for & you can choose which rifle/match you shoot for each assigned relay b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk