Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2016, 03:38 PM

Default Use of photobucket in sale ads

I just want mods and everyone to be aware that photobucket is awful these days for android users. It is frustrating when trying to look at photos, when so many use this site. The pop ups are incessant, and some you cant close off of your screen, taking up half the screen. Also there is a strange Congratulations, or Warning pop up which completely pirates your web session, forcing you to close down and erase cookies. I get it quite often from visiting photobucket.

I really think it should be a sticky that other photo hosting sites are recommended.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:46 PM

I'm on an apple device.
I downloaded an ad blocker and all my photobucket woes ceased
Old 10-22-2016, 03:48 PM

Put pictures in ads. Problem solved.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:07 PM

I use post image, works good
Old 10-23-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
I use post image, works good

Amen! This should be required!
Old 10-25-2016, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

We are aware....rest assured PB can be awful regardless of OS used. But then so can other hosting sites, and then there are some who have paid for the ad-free version.

As noted above, whatever site you use, we recommend pics directly in the ad, and beyond that, ensure your OS and AV are current, and use ad-blocker apps as needed...

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 11-03-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
We are aware....rest assured PB can be awful regardless of OS used.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
And this! Post the pictures instead of the links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJ View Post
I'm on an apple device.
I downloaded an ad blocker and all my photobucket woes ceased
Which ad blocker did you use Karl?
Old 11-04-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
We are aware....rest assured PB can be awful regardless of OS used. But then so can other hosting sites, and then there are some who have paid for the ad-free version.

As noted above, whatever site you use, we recommend pics directly in the ad, and beyond that, ensure your OS and AV are current, and use ad-blocker apps as needed...
One point of contention as far as posting the pictures, instead of links. Each user must go into their own settings and make it so they can post pictures. Is there a reason for this, or a reason you as an administrator don't switch it to an automatic capability? This is the only site I have ever used where the user had to flip a switch to post actual pictures instead of link.

Another change I would recommend, and have done so in the past. Can you change the settings so that only links are displayed when someone quotes a post with pictures in it? It is pretty silly when someone quotes a post that contains 3, 4, or 10 pictures, and just says nice, or cool, or wish I had seen it first, and you have to see the same pictures over again. It is just plain absurd when 10 people do the same thing in the same thread, so you have to scroll past the same block of pictures dozens of times.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdcrr View Post
I just want mods and everyone to be aware that photobucket is awful these days for android users. It is frustrating when trying to look at photos, when so many use this site. The pop ups are incessant, and some you cant close off of your screen, taking up half the screen. Also there is a strange Congratulations, or Warning pop up which completely pirates your web session, forcing you to close down and erase cookies. I get it quite often from visiting photobucket.

I really think it should be a sticky that other photo hosting sites are recommended.
People don't follow instructions anyway. The only thing you can do is be proactive from your end. I have had great success with an ad-blocker on my home computer and laptop. I downloaded it on my Android phone, and it didn't work as well because it only provides blocking when you are using WI-FI, which I never do. Because of that, I just don't use the phone to look at ads. To be honest, I don't use the phone for much except Googling a location or checking store hours, or if I need to check a price or something. Most any other time, there are too many ads on almost every website, and the phone just takes forever to open a page.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 PM

I discontinued using photo bucket for this very reason. Now I use facebook page or my own website to host my photos. Sooooo much better.

www.RCArms.com

My Facebook Business Page: RCArms

My Facebook Blog Page: Milsurpcollector

NRA Life Member
GCA Member
US Army Veteran