Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2016, 03:50 PM

This is a relatively new feature from photobucket. I never used to have this problem until a few months ago. It seems photobucket is trying to thin out it's users, and they are doing a fine job at that.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:29 AM

I went ad-free with Photobucket. Best 99 a month I ever spent, but it's still a quirky website.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:45 AM

How about adding a "How to post pictures" with out a link.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
How about adding a "How to post pictures" with out a link.
Copy the IMG tag from your picture hosting website and paste it in your thread.

If it still shows up as a link, on this site, click on User CP, click on edit Options, scroll down to Thread Display Options, and put a check mark in Show Images.

I don't know why, but this is the only site I have ever been to where they have this default where you can't post pictures.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:59 AM

I pass on so many potential buys because of this. If the pics are hosted on PB, I don't even click it and move on. I believe for sale ads should have pics on them instead of links to the host sites, just my opinion. Put up Two or three pics and then the potential buyers can request more if they want.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
I pass on so many potential buys because of this. If the pics are hosted on PB, I don't even click it and move on. I believe for sale ads should have pics on them instead of links to the host sites, just my opinion. Put up Two or three pics and then the potential buyers can request more if they want.
It may not be their fault. As I stated, you have to go in your settings to be able to post pictures on this site. When it first happened to me, I thought maybe there was a post threshold you had to achieve before you could post pics, then I went digging around and found the setting I mentioned earlier.

In either case, pictures are pictures. It doesn't matter if a picture or a link is posted. If you are truly interested, you will look at the pics.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 613jmm View Post
It may not be their fault. As I stated, you have to go in your settings to be able to post pictures on this site. When it first happened to me, I thought maybe there was a post threshold you had to achieve before you could post pics, then I went digging around and found the setting I mentioned earlier.

In either case, pictures are pictures. It doesn't matter if a picture or a link is posted. If you are truly interested, you will look at the pics.
I'm not sure about the whole settings thing but, I always copy the image link then post it and the picture shows up on my post.

For example:

Like I said....if your ad had a PB link that takes me to PB....I will pass on that ad. That's just me.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:35 PM

Well I figured it out for the sale page. BUT when sending a PM it only takes the links. So if you are using photo bucket the person still needs to open the link.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
Well I figured it out for the sale page. BUT when sending a PM it only takes the links. So if you are using photo bucket the person still needs to open the link.
If they are serious, they will open them. If the ads are that bad, all they have to do is download an adblocker.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:02 PM

To post an image in a PM, use the "insert image" button as you would in a thread/post.