Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2016, 10:27 AM

Default Competition Tracker Match Results

How difficult is it to get the scanner to read a scorecard?

I shot a match on September 17, 2016 and the results are still not posted to the Competition Tracker. Itís been 100 days. And yes the match director did send the completed scorecards back to the CMP within the time specified.

For games matches at the local and state level, I suggest the CMP provide match directors a temporary password on a per match basis so they can enter match results in a timely manner. The password would become active on the day of the match and expire five days after the match date. Ample time for a match director to enter the data and make a correction if needed. This would greatly reduce the overwhelming number of scorecards the CMP scanner would have to handle.

Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2016, 01:07 AM

I am the CMP Match Director at my gun club. I send the completed cards within 1 week of the end of the match. They are usually posted within two weeks after that, mostly sooner. The match director has to make sure to send in a completed "match report" form with the score cards and make sure they are complete.

The CMP cannot allow match directors to enter the scores, since they need to ensure the integrity of the score entries, need a physical record of the competitor score, and they use the data from the Match Report Form for other statistical data.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:59 AM

What good is the data, such as the top scores for the past 45 days, if the scores are over 100 days in the rears. Click on numerous matches from September and October and there are many matches with no results posted.

The warranty has run out on a lot of the data that has not been recorded.