Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2017, 09:33 AM

No problems here. I am on a PC.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 AM

I've had this problem for months. Try clicking the "Remember Me" box when you log in. This solved the issue for me. However, now I have to remember to log out because closing the browser doesn't automatically log me out.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 01-31-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post
I've had this problem for months. Try clicking the "Remember Me" box when you log in. This solved the issue for me. However, now I have to remember to log out because closing the browser doesn't automatically log me out.
Sig, just wandering ,what is the importance of logging out on a site like this? I always make sure to log out on anything financially related but message boards I dont worry about. I always check the remember feature because my mind doesn't remember passwords the way it used to.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:40 PM

Same issue here. It would show I was logged in, but when I went to private Messages it would give me the " not logged in" message.
As Sigman2 stated The" remember Me" check box solved the problem.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:22 PM

Yep. Thought it was just me!
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM

Same here thought it was my PC acting up i have to log in each time i change
Old 01-31-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
Sig, just wandering ,what is the importance of logging out on a site like this? I always make sure to log out on anything financially related but message boards I dont worry about. I always check the remember feature because my mind doesn't remember passwords the way it used to.
Just a habit from 35 years in the communication business and working on a computer that identified everything done with my employee ID number. There were very rare instances where an unscrupulous employee would hit someone's computer while they were on break or lunch and make unauthorized changes to a friend or relative's phone service giving them features or long distance plans they weren't being charged for. When it would finally be detected there would be the innocent employees ID stamp. We were always trained to logout when leaving our computers unattended and it has become a habit.

I'm not worried about this at home as it's only me and my wife here. However, a number of years ago we had a "friend" visiting and I gave them the computer password so they could check their e-mails. Unfortunately, they ended up going through some personal and financial info. All of my user names and passwords are auto populated by my Norton software. Of course, my Norton site can be closed and require a password to re-open and I now have my computer set to time out after 10 minutes requiring a password to re-open.

Many sites will automatically log you out when you close the browser and many even have idle time limits.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138

Last edited by sigman2; 01-31-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:55 PM

Using the 'remember me' work-around results in multiple log in screens for me, but at least afterwards I am guaranteed one post. If I want to post again, I am required to log in, again.

I have also noticed that when I am finally logged in, if I try to edit one of my posts, I am told I do not have permission to do so, even though my status is shown as 'logged in'.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:19 PM

Same happened to me to day about 1800hrs. Went away for about 10 min. and came back and I was logged in..????? Glitches happen.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:28 PM

I have issues using CHROME but if I use Internet Explorer, no prob......

Nice shot, George.....

LEGAL Citizen/Immigrant since 1964
NRA Life Member