Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Default Modern Military Trigger

What trigger is being used in your MM rifles
I have an off the shelf AR carbine I would like to change to trigger in for our monthly MM matches.
Could I use a RRA NM trigger?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 AM

As long as it makes weight and is two stage you should be OK. There are no guarantee's when it comes to MM rules.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:19 AM

The rules are vague for MM to say the least. I'm not concerned with our monthly matches, however I would hate to show up at a Travel Game with something illegal, a misinterpretation of the accuracy enhancement on my part
Old 03-11-2017, 12:35 PM

Your best bet is to email Mark Johnson directly. That's what I did to get a ruling on free float handguards for modern military. The rules committee told me they were ok and being told they were wrong by other members here I emailed Mark. Let us know what he says
Old 03-11-2017, 03:56 PM

I have never seen any further attention given to triggers that make weight....and IIRC, the standard AR trigger is an awful single stage. Without actually removing the "fire control" parts, it would be very hard to determine exactly what you have in there. My RR (and Bushmaster) NM triggers have been OK and yours will be as well. Good Shooting. ..
Old 03-11-2017, 08:24 PM

I read the rules to mean that you need to use mil spec parts - not NM parts. "Rifles must be standard production or as-issued rifles with no special accurizing or match conditioning". If you want mil spec parts that are better quality than what you normally get installed on an AR type rifle, buy an ALD Defense trigger.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:30 PM

There's a ton of guys with Rock River ARs in one form or another that have their factory installed NM 2 stage trigger. As it seems the CMP is trying to attract more shooters and be more inclusive with allowing scopes, etc. it would make sense they would not be concerned with a NM trigger in a CMP Games event, though maybe they need to clarify it in the rule book better.
I'm looking forward to shooting my first MM match soon with a RR Elite Carbine model I bought some 10 years ago and have hardly shot. Nice to have a fun venue for it. It does have their NM trigger, and looks a lot like an issue type M4, with no other modifications like free float hand guard or NM sights. Looks like it was made for the MM Match, and I plan to shoot it with standard irons
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/a...psdj4z5mh1.jpg
GSM Master Instructor
Old 03-12-2017, 09:41 PM

I use the same Rock River trigger in my Modern Military rifle. It's always passed inspection at Camp Perry. All they care about is the weight.