Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2017, 08:22 AM

FYI. All the Epyptian 9mm that I've seen was corrosive. Just a word of caution.
Vic
Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Awhile back took an old cheapo pair of wire stripping/crimping pliers, drilled one of the crimping holes to grip a bullet-viola! Works like a charm.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:04 PM

I like Hornady's Cam-loc it works great and fast.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
I find myself w/4000 rnds of junky Egyptian 9mm, 75% duds & a few squibs. In order to kinetic hammer the bullets out, I must vigorously strike the end of a 4x4 oak work bench leg 10 or more times.

Is there an economy electric/mechanical version bullet puller available?? or other better/simpler way???

PJH
My reloading bench is in the basement and I hit the concrete floor with my bullet puller and get much better results than hitting wood.

Its one of those Newton's third law doohickeys.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:43 PM

Kerz.......I have shot thousands of corrosive rnds, no different from non corrosive.

I pulled down 120 rnds.....took forever. My back will not take that........ I sit to reload.

After the first several 10 wacks, I took to grinding a divot in the side of the case at the mouth, cut it down to one or two wacks. My Dillon pulling hammer instructions suggested not to strike concrete or steel as I recall. I had a 300# anvil that I used.

I am done pulling down.......sold most of this stuff form the ad I placed on CMP ammunition FS .

PJH

Last edited by heckinohio; 03-13-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: stupidity
Old 03-13-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
My reloading bench is in the basement and I hit the concrete floor with my bullet puller and get much better results than hitting wood.

Its one of those Newton's third law doohickeys.
Be careful hitting it on the concrete. It works real well, but I had my RCBS inertial puller explode on me one day. Not explode from the round, it just shattered into pieces. I'm glad i was wearing eye protection. After that, I hit my inertial puller on hard wood.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
I find myself w/4000 rnds of junky Egyptian 9mm, 75% duds & a few squibs. In order to kinetic hammer the bullets out, I must vigorously strike the end of a 4x4 oak work bench leg 10 or more times.

Is there an economy electric/mechanical version bullet puller available?? or other better/simpler way???

PJH
I sympathize with you but it is not a big deal to pull those projectiles.

I found myself with 18,000 rounds of 30-06 Greek military ammo loaded with armor piercing projectiles that were seated with a water proofing adhesive and crimped. After destroying my konnectic puller I decide the stess of pulling that bullet was too much for a knooectic puller. So I resorted to seating the bulletd a few thousandth of and inck (until I could hear a 'click when the sealant broke(probably a few thousandth of an inch. The seating depth was enough to eliminate the retention of the crimp. The replacement kinetic puller had no problem removing the remaining projectiles.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM

I have 1500 rnds of rusty case WW 2 German. It is sealed/crimped too.....will apply your technique to this pull down effort. My Dillon hammer is really tough, but I killed it by forgetting that the particular 7.7 Jap. rnd I had in hand w/no primer was an HE.........talk about a surprise.!!! Never again on that, no matter how old.........

PJH
Old 03-17-2017, 06:52 AM

Breaking the seal on older ammo, even if sealant was not specifically used, is the ticket with the kinetic bullet pullers. You also have to get the technique down. It should bounce when performed properly.

I just busted my 10 year old RCBS kinetic the other day. The instructions for it, and the instructions that came with the Frankford Arsenal model I bought to replace it state not to use them on concrete. I normally use a piece of 4x6. I think I broke the one the other day because I did not feel like going out to the garage to get the wood. I smacked it a few times on the carpet in the loading room. Since that is just cheap padding and carpet over concrete, I am guessing it had the same effect as slamming it on concrete and the resultant failure.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:56 AM

I have thousands of rounds of Swedish Blanks. I pull them to yield primed cases I can reload. From that and other projects I learned that mass pullings are a waste of time with the kinetic puller. Got a collet puller and was much happier. Finally decided to skip the collet die and just grab the bullet with a pliers when it (the bullet) popped up through the single stage press top, then crank it back down. Much faster than even the collet puller. Problem with sealant glue? break the seals first with the method above.