Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2017, 01:54 PM

Default What scope recommendation for a River 1022 for CMP match?

What is recommended scope for shooting a Cigar 1022 in CMP matches. Need to know what would make weight and be effective.

Thanks
Ernie
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 AM

Assume you mean "Ruger" 10/22 not "Cigar". Take a look at the Guide and rules:
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rimfire.pdf
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CMPGamesRules.pdf
Scope cannot exceed 6X, a variable power can be taped (by officials) at 6X. Weight of the rifle cannot exceed 7.5 pounds. Choices depend on the basic weight of the rifle before scope and rings. Basic 10/22 are fairly light and offer a lot of "room" for scope choices. The full stock and bull barrel models are fairly heavy. I have a fixed 4X on my rifle and my son's has a 2-7X that gets taped. Neither are expensive scopes but not bargain basement either. I suggest getting a.22 scope as opposed to using a centerfire rifle scope, so parallax would be correct for distances. Bushnell and Weaver both make .22 scopes in the $90-$120 range, Konus is cheaper and Leupold is more expensive. Choices are like vehicle manufacturers everyone has a bias and a favorite.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM

Many thank for the info. I will check various providers and look over their .22 scope offerings. My 1022 Ruger (I think my cell phone attempted to auto correct to Cigar!) is a standard model carbine. I should weigh it and then I know what I can get for scope weight.

Thanks again.
Ernie