Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2017, 01:27 PM

It's called a rock hammer.

Ren
Old 02-17-2017, 03:33 PM

I ordered two and got them yesterday. I'm pleased with both, they look new/unused with scuffing and almost no rust on the buttplates and rear sling swivels. They appear to have been poorly stored, not abused in the field. One has very light rust on the ferrule and front swivel, this one should clean up well. The other has light rust on the ferrule but the front swivel has moderate to heavy rust on the inside backing plate and moderate rust on the outside. This one is the project stock I've been planning....thinking of a hydrodip job with a Sadlak front rail for a bipod. For $20 each I'm pleased.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:58 PM

Mine showed up yesterday. Very nice shape. Buttplate is near mint. Rear sling swivel had flash rust on it. Front swivel had rust on it that knocked off with a little oil. Stock itself was mint with some white mold on a couple spots. Has a couple white rub marks under where the heel sits, but it will cover once the rifles is installed. All in all, very happy for 28 delivered...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=192113
Old 02-21-2017, 10:13 AM

Mine has a rusty buttplate, super rusty front sling swivel. But I don't really need those parts for my project. I just needed a nice fiberglass stock.. It appears to be unused at all, just poorly stored as others have stated. Mine also has a sling on it.. But its pretty ugly from the storage issue.. Over all, you cant go wrong for the price. Thanks to the original poster.
Old Today, 10:12 PM

Default Got a Synthetic Stock from Sherluk - Need Finish Advice

Just got a USGI Synthetic Stock from Sherluk ($60 - actually $71 and change shipped). Other than a little dirt and dust, it appears to be in great shape. In fact better shape than the Excellent+ Synthetic Stock I got got from Fred's a number of years ago (no free hand guard though...). The metal is refinished, but looks pretty good.

The only thing that appears less than optimal is the brown stock paint. After all these years it has oxidized unevenly - some spots are shiny and some spots are dull, and it is a little tacky. Any thoughts on waxing it to get an even finish and provide protection? Car Wax? Furniture Wax? Or do I have to paint it to get an even and protective finish.

Thanks.