Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2018, 01:42 PM

Pure and simple you have a CMP / NRA legal Service Rifle. You would compete in traditional 3 position high power under either CMP or NRA sanctioned formats. EIC Matches, NRA reduced or across the course high power matches, CMP CUP matches and CMP Non-EIC matches (full or reduced course). Your rifle is not legal for CMP GAMES matches. Put that rule book away and get out the CMP Service Rifle or NRA High Power rule books.

Additionally you could compete in NRA Mid-Range Prone as a SR or put a big scope on and go any/any. You could compete with irons in NRA fullbore competition or take her and shoot NRA or CMP long range in much the same classes as mentioned the past few sentences. Lastly you could even put a bipod on and fire NRA MRP in the AR Tactical category.

Hope that helps.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
Pure and simple you have a CMP / NRA legal Service Rifle. You would compete in traditional 3 position high power under either CMP or NRA sanctioned formats. EIC Matches, NRA reduced or across the course high power matches, CMP CUP matches and CMP Non-EIC matches (full or reduced course). Your rifle is not legal for CMP GAMES matches. Put that rule book away and get out the CMP Service Rifle or NRA High Power rule books.

Additionally you could compete in NRA Mid-Range Prone as a SR or put a big scope on and go any/any. You could compete with irons in NRA fullbore competition or take her and shoot NRA or CMP long range in much the same classes as mentioned the past few sentences. Lastly you could even put a bipod on and fire NRA MRP in the AR Tactical category.

Hope that helps.
^
^
^
^

Yep What he said!

Keith Schachle

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade
Old 03-13-2018, 04:47 PM

Default Rifle Configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-Sierra View Post
Congrats to your son, well done! Do you mind sharing his rifle configuration?

thanks,
Keith Schachle

EDIT....EDIT.....EDIT

From the Comp Tracker for 2018 Nationals:

Modern Military Match, 2 August (55MODA, 55MODJ) $45.00 $25.00
CMP Modern Military Rifle Match fired on THURSDAY 2 August. Semi-automatic military rifles of U. S. or foreign manufacture or commercial rifles of the same type and caliber or commercial variations of military-type rifles may be fired. There are two categories of Modern Military Rifles. Competitors may fire a rifle from either the Modern Military Class A or Class B. We will use the 30-shot As-Issued Military Course of fire. Please see the current edition of the CMP Games Rulebook for more information.
He used his XTC Service Rifle, same Rifle he shot in the Leg Match and P-100 to win the Unlimited Modern Military Rifle Match during the 2017 National Matches at Camp Perry
WOA 1/7 Service Rifle barrel, compass lake free float hand guard, UBR stock with WOA 10.5 ounce extension weight, WOA UBR 15 ounce buttstock weight-fits in the hinged compartment of the stock, WOA 20moa extended scope rail, medium scope rings, 1x4 vortex PST Scope, RRA lower with RRA NM trigger
With the help of a fellow Oklahoma Rifle Team member we built the upper with the listed components and my son put his lower together himself. This is his XTC SERVICE RIFLE and he used it in the Unlimited Modern Military Rifle Match at Perry
Old 03-13-2018, 04:58 PM

Default Unlimited Modern Military Rifle Match

http://rs1250.pbsrc.com/albums/hh527...h=480&fit=clip

Take a look at the pic of the plaque the CMP sent my son, it clearly says
Unlimited Modern Military Rifle Match, he shot the match with his Service Rifle
Old 03-13-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjer View Post
http://rs1250.pbsrc.com/albums/hh527...h=480&fit=clip

Take a look at the pic of the plaque the CMP sent my son, it clearly says
Unlimited Modern Military Rifle Match, he shot the match with his Service Rifle
Exactly. The CMP has said they are going to add Unlimited MM. I guess it just hasn't made the rule book yet. I think it would be a good thing for local matches too. Those who want to follow the stricter MM rules compete together, and have a lower award achievement level, those who want to show up with their zombie appocolipse configuration can compete with the NM and tricked out assemblies with a higher scoring level required for their swarayyyyy.
Everyone's happy and the firing line has more fee paying bodies.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 03-13-2018, 07:34 PM

Nice Plaque... and not to detract from any shooters accomplishments. CMP used the CP National Matches to inaugurate many new matches and awards that are not found in the rules books. The Oliver Hazard Perry, Roosevelt and Inaugural Cup matches, to name just a few. Point is: these were at CP, not established matches defined in the rules books. CMP can do this. If a local club wants an unlimited MM class, that is their own business, but it isn't in the book. No idea if CMP IS supplying those precious little medals with "Unlimited MM" on them. Nothing would surprise me. Good Shooting. ....
Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
Nice Plaque... and not to detract from any shooters accomplishments. CMP used the CP National Matches to inaugurate many new matches and awards that are not found in the rules books. The Oliver Hazard Perry, Roosevelt and Inaugural Cup matches, to name just a few. Point is: these were at CP, not established matches defined in the rules books. CMP can do this. If a local club wants an unlimited MM class, that is their own business, but it isn't in the book. No idea if CMP IS supplying those precious little medals with "Unlimited MM" on them. Nothing would surprise me. Good Shooting. ....
good point CERESCO, my son actually entered the GSMM match at Perry to shoot out of comp for fun his service rifle is the only rifle he took for the week
He went to sign up for the match and was suprised to see Unlimited Modern Military at sign up...