Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2011, 12:20 AM

Default Correct parts for Remington M1903

I have a late production Remington M1903 (Barrel is marked 10-42 and from the information I've found, it is correct/original to the receiver 330xxxx) and I've been looking to restore it to it's original condition. Right now it's sporting a refinished and lacquered "s" stock that's been heavily sanded, all Remington guts except for an unmarked milled trigger housing, and milled barrel bands (probably SA). I'm looking for some help on bringing her back to the way she should be. I've found this link which has been helpful in giving me an idea for what I need, but nothing too specific. Especially the stock. I don't know if I need an 03, scant or C stock for my rifle. Any ideas?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 AM

P.S. the good stuff for my case is on the 5th page down.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Some of the information in the article is incorrect - the Remington M1903 was never referred to as the "1903A1" and "Modified" was another name for all Remington M1903s. There are other errors, as well.

Remington M1903s of your "vintage" had a pinned non-grasping groove stock, stamped lower band and trigger guard, and all R-marked parts, where they were milled.

If you want to email/PM me through this forum, I can give you additional information and may have some of the parts you need.

RtL

Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 08-05-2011 at 09:34 AM.