Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Bolt Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2018, 10:04 PM

Default $SPF Enfield No1 Mk3 Drill Rifles DP

Upper and Lower are $Sold and $SPF

Enfield No1 Mk3 Drill Rifles DP - $225

UPPER DRILL RIFLE $SPF TO CHEESY411
LOWER DRILL RIFLE $SPF TO sully3089

Here are two complete Enfield No1 Mk3 drill purpose (DP) rifles. Each were purchase as such years ago. The only arsenal decommissioning done was the bolt face/firing pins were welded together rendering the DP rifle non functional. Barrels were not plug welded, receiver was not drilled or welded.

I replaced the welded bolts on both rifles. Surprisingly, the drill rifles look to be in good condition otherwise. Parts wise, they are as complete as a functioning rifle would be. However, most parts are marked DP showing that they are intended for drill purpose only. You can still see remnants of the DP paint markings on the hand guards.

Note that these are rifles were determined to be non functional and /or out of spec parts and were removed from service to be used as non-firing drill rifles only. As such, the rifles will be sold with the bolt disassembled and provided in a separate baggie. By purchasing these drill rifles, the buyer acknowledges that these drill rifles are not functional, not fit for firing, and are only purchased for display purposes. These would make great wall hangers.

Both are import marked on receiver Both appear to be in similar condition, with the upper one having a lighter more consistent stock color. Lots of DP marks and other numbers stamped everywhere.

Price - $225 each plus actual insured UPS shipping charges from Southern California to you. Payment by USPS MO only. I do not use PayPal. Shipping probably about $25 to $35 each depending on where you are. I will ship in an old CMP cardboard box with foam.

I will combine to save shipping costs if you want both.

First posted "I will take it", with prompt follow up PM wins. Please PM with questions before taking it. Buyer has 7 days to place USPS money order and wet signed FFL copy in the mail, or I may relist item. These drill rifles must go to an FFL. I prefer to ship to an 03 with proper documentation.

If buyer's 01FFL needs to have rifle shipped from an 01FFL, buyer incurs FFL costs on my side in addition to purchase and shipping costs. Inquire regarding this before committing to purchase, as nothing is cheap at 01FFL's in California.

Bid with confidence, I had about 20+ feedbacks here before CMP stopped feedback. I can be found on many other boards / sites with the same username. Please PM if you have any questions.

Last edited by thirdbaseman; 05-02-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: $SPF
Old 04-15-2018, 11:26 PM

I’ll take one, upper per our agreement is the one I will take.

Last edited by Cheesy411; 04-16-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:04 AM

Any reason they shouldn't be fired
Old 04-17-2018, 02:44 AM

Read his description all the parts are out of spec most likely and marked DP for drill rifle parts they use out of spec unserviceable parts to build these. So you would be taking a big chance trying to fire one even though the Enfield is a very robustly built rifle, If the receivers are good and barrel is good you could rebuild them with readily available in spec parts as the No1 Mk3 is a very nice collectible one to have.And those look to be in good shape
Old 04-17-2018, 09:21 AM

Common sense should be used, they DPd enfields for many reasons. Unserviceable components etc they also decommissioned perfectly good rifles for parade use Plenty of info on the web.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 AM

^^^^
and
^^^^
Thank you!
Old 04-20-2018, 05:33 PM

Get a chamber adapter and some 32acp and plink away.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 PM

Was the second rifle still for sale?
Old 04-30-2018, 11:36 AM

bump
Old 04-30-2018, 07:11 PM

I will take the second rifle.