Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 PM

I'd hate to be doing Santa's deliveries for you guys! Best of luck on the stockpiling while you can
Old 11-30-2017, 08:50 AM

Yes , the NY SAFE ACT has restricted our internet purchases also. No direct shipping to private sales, ammo must ship to FFL. Here most shops of course want your business, so aren't that interested in helping. I have found a few that will, for a small fee $10-15.

Private person to person sales seem to be no problem, so getting a case from the forum has worked so far. Good luck, I feel your pain. The only way to get good pricing is on the internet, CMP a case of FGMM .308 shipped $190 here in NY $30 a box, $300, thank you Albany.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:17 PM

Wow, as a Texan some of these stories sound like the old east Germany! I can't believe this is going on in the U.S.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:10 PM

I know it’s not always feasible, but I would reconsider living in a state that turns otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:34 PM

Well, I've spent a few days thinking of some keen way to end this thread, but haven't come up with anything.

California has always been my home. I don't want to move.

I always play by the rules. Always. As good as it feels to "Get away" with doing something, I believe it always feels better to do the right thing in the first place, even when no one is looking.

All I wanted in this case was to be able to buy the correct ammo for my M1. In my opinion the best place for me was online.

Not any more (Unless I pay $50 for an ammo purchase license, attempt to talk someone into receiving my ammo and "Allow" me to take it without, hopefully, too much of a holders fee).

I guess I will have to start reloading, which I know absolutely nothing about. Actually, I'm pretty enthusiastic about doing it.

Until that gets forbidden as well.

At this point I am pretty bummed that soon I won't be able to get ammo conveniently, inexpensively, where I want. What is even more disturbing however is how an ill conceived, yet attractively named state bill can get passed without it's details being thoroughly thought out, and presented to the public when it is being voted on.

Last edited by thj; 12-03-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:30 PM

Reloading is simple! First off I recommend getting and reading 2-3 books first. I liked the ABC's of Reloading and the Lyman Manual. The Hornady Manual, and maybe others, has a section specifically for the Garand! Search the forum and you can find lots of reloading info. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:29 AM

May I suggest that you order now 1000-2000 rounds of whatever 30-06 you want to shoot in your M1.
Yes it's a lot of money, yes it will be a pain to store but you will legally have a bunch of Garand food before the deadline.

You can pay off the credit card slowly but surely we have all done that.

Then, when the after Christmas sales come, look for a RCBS single stage reloading kit on sale. You will have brass soon to work with and can slowly acquire powder, primers and bullets. In fact I have a bunch of bullets I can send you to get started if you like. PM me your address and I will get them out to you if you like the plan.

But for god sake buy a bunch of ammo now

John
Old 12-06-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
May I suggest that you order now 1000-2000 rounds of whatever 30-06 you want to shoot in your M1.
Yes it's a lot of money, yes it will be a pain to store but you will legally have a bunch of Garand food before the deadline.

You can pay off the credit card slowly but surely we have all done that.

Then, when the after Christmas sales come, look for a RCBS single stage reloading kit on sale. You will have brass soon to work with and can slowly acquire powder, primers and bullets. In fact I have a bunch of bullets I can send you to get started if you like. PM me your address and I will get them out to you if you like the plan.

But for god sake buy a bunch of ammo now

John

I highly suggest this. I myself bought a bunch of ammo that I simply donít find in nor cal so i will have the brass to reload. I highly suggest the rcbs rock chucker too.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:54 AM

I also see that a board member near Stockton has 8 240 rd. Spam cans for sale at 50 cents a round.

This is an outstanding price so if you are within driving range get 5-8 cans asap!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:35 AM

John, that last line in your post put a smile on my face..... for Gods sake buy a bunch of ammo now....

When I got home from work last my wife said a box had been delivered, a box that was too heavy for her to lift.....

Thank you targetsportsusa!

I do have a few rounds to last awhile.

Expect a pm soon.