Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 09:59 PM

Default Upcoming CMP Military Matches in Minnesota

Okay Guys,

The dates are set, the programs are written and the CMP santioning forms have been filled out and put in the mail. Anyone interested in the complete programs just send me an email at tjtorborg@aol.com.

Here are the dates:
Saturday 4/21/2012 CMP Military Match and Clinic
Saturday 5/5/2012 CMP Military Match
Saturday 6/16/2012 CMP Military Match
Saturday 7/14/2012 CMP Military Match

The range is in Harris, MN and there are primitive camping areas available. Feel free to email me with any questions. Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-23-2012, 01:48 PM

I have gotten a few questions that I think everyone might be wondering about:
  • The cost of the clinic is $30 and that includes the military match.
  • If you don't want to take the clinic and just shoot the military match the cost is $15.
  • There are only 21 slots open for the clinic so please reserve your spot as soon possible.
  • You do not need to send in registration for the other matches now but you can (and we apppreciate it) send them in prior to the date of the match.
  • You can use any military type rifle for the clinic. You do not have to use a M1, M14 or AR-15. These are just the rifles the club has made available to participants.
  • In order to participate in the clinic or any of the matches you must have a "AFFIDAVIT AND LIABILITY AGREEMENT" on file or submitted with your registration. The form can be found at: http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Forms/Affidavit.pdf Don't worry about the notary part as there will be one at the match to take care of everything.
  • If you do not have a team mate for the sniper match one will be found for you.
  • There will be sniper rifles available for use at not cost but you must use ammo purchased from the club in them.
  • Please make checks payable to GRRC

Hope to see you there,

Tom
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM

Hey guys,

Well it'S officail. I just got the email from the CMP that the clinic and matches have been approved. They are also listed on the CMP website when you search for upcoming events. Hope to see you all there.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 03-03-2012, 09:42 AM

I've shot at your matches previous years with the evil "furren" "other rifle" K-31. I plan on attending the matches this year and I'm bringing friends. Do we pre-register on the GRRC site? My wife and brother in-law are interested in the clinic. Probably would'nt hurt me any either but I don't want to fill a slot that could be taken by a new shooter. Also, what sniper rifles are available and what is the ammo cost? I also have 2-3 suitable as issued vintage mil. rifles available for other shooters to use. M39 finn, m91-30 both with ammo at $4/20 and a Swiss Gew 11 or K-31 (depending on which one I shoot) that may be fired with Swiss mil. GP11 or PRVI commercial ammo supplied by shooter. All of these rifles are accurate enough to be competetive if the shooter does his/her part.

Last edited by Polaris; 03-03-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM

The only thing you have to pre register for is the clinic. You can send in you registration for the other matches but it is not required. Send me you email and I will send you all of the programs. Or you can swing by the both at the gunshow on the 17th.

Later,

Tom
Old 03-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtorborg View Post
The only thing you have to pre register for is the clinic. You can send in you registration for the other matches but it is not required. Send me you email and I will send you all of the programs. Or you can swing by the both at the gunshow on the 17th.

Later,

Tom
Will you be there the 18th also? Gotta do @@### taxes the 17th.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM

Tom,
Are there any more slots available for the clinic? I have a friend who is interested? Thanks.

Derek
Old 03-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Derek,

Right now there are 4 slots open for the clinic. Hope to see you and your friend there!

Tom
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Just checking to see if there is a spot open for the clinic? If there is where and what do I need to do to reserve a spot. What rifles can you use for the clinic? I have an M1 but it might not be ready/safe to shoot by that time. Will there be M1 ammo available to purchase there or do u need to bring your own.

I am sure Iíll have more questions later but that should do it for now.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 AM

Yes there are two openings for the clinic. All of the forms can be downloaded from the club website at http://www.grrc.org/ There is an article about halfway down the page with the links for the matches below it. If you have any additional questions just send me a PM or email at tjtorborg@aol.com.

Thanks,

Tom