Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2019, 03:51 PM

Default Greetings from California's Central Valley

Big thanks to Amy at CMP for straightening out my registration to the forum. I think I fell through the cracks with the server troubles last month.

I grew up around WW2 surplus firearms my whole life and I was lucky to inherit a Krag, an M1 carbine, an 03A3, and a 1911A1 among other guns. Unfortunately, my Dad had an irrational dislike for Garands.

I finally decided to fill that niche and bought a Garand through a forum member and I am reading Canfield cover to cover. I am looking forward to deep diving into the minutia of the Garand and my other US service guns, as well as taking a renewed interest in shooting them more.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:03 AM

Frink,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a nice collection. I started with a garand and went from there. Now I have a carbine,M1A, 03,03A3 and M1917. We are in the same boat, we both live in a beautiful state with a less than desirable government. All we can do is work for a better future. Regards,Eddie
Old 07-19-2019, 01:26 PM

Welcome to the forum....
Old 09-03-2019, 02:17 PM

Not sure if you are interested, but the range in Lincoln hosts a John C Garand match on the second Saturday of most months!