Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWins View Post
Well back in Louisiana from a quick trip to the South store. Enjoyed seeing PH68 again. Met Ronwall and several other people. It was well worth the trip. I got the only M1917 they put out. a Winchester with Win barrel. Nice looking rifle can't wait to really check it out tomorrow. Also picked up a WRA M1 with WRA barrel. There were actually 3 with WRA barrels. Also got a SA M1 with a 43 barrel. There was a very nicely cartouched SA JLG stock and a few GAW stocks. I saw at least 3 IHC stocks. Went by the TMP store on my way out. Lots of specials and they had several 1903s probably 10 or more. There was a match going on but I did not see any lookers when I was there.
It was good seeing you at the store. The JLG on the SG 4.49 IHC went home with me. It has a SA 1-55 barrel but the numbers are 1+ and 1+ so I thought it was worth the money. I also picked up the FG 3.62 with lock bars. When I removed the stock and saw the uncut -9 op rod it was a gimme after that.

I used up my 1903 allowance. Springfield S/N 821374 with a 2/19 AV barrel. It has a very nice S-stock, the finish is nearly perfect, the bore is graded good and it's very shiny from one end to the other. The muzzle is 1+ and the throat is also 1+.

I know you were interested the WRA FG with WRA barrel but after you left I decided against taking it. The only other part that is WRA was the bolt so the value vs. the cost was iffy at best to me. There was a young gentleman there that is serving our country in the Air Force and after I pointed that rifle out to him he took it home so it is in deserving hands now. Below is a pic of what I took home.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:12 AM

I need to learn how to identify a IHC stock without looking in the channel. I was there twice but wouldn't know what to look for. I need two of them.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
It was good seeing you at the store. The JLG on the SG 4.49 IHC went home with me. It has a SA 1-55 barrel but the numbers are 1+ and 1+ so I thought it was worth the money. I also picked up the FG 3.62 with lock bars. When I removed the stock and saw the uncut -9 op rod it was a gimme after that.

I used up my 1903 allowance. Springfield S/N 821374 with a 2/19 AV barrel. It has a very nice S-stock, the finish is nearly perfect, the bore is graded good and it's very shiny from one end to the other. The muzzle is 1+ and the throat is also 1+.

I know you were interested the WRA FG with WRA barrel but after you left I decided against taking it. The only other part that is WRA was the bolt so the value vs. the cost was iffy at best to me. There was a young gentleman there that is serving our country in the Air Force and after I pointed that rifle out to him he took it home so it is in deserving hands now. Below is a pic of what I took home.

I almost bought that center rifle the last two times I was there, but was swayed to a different one each time. It's a nice rifle. Nice unmodified op rod too. But I went for cartouched stocks instead.

Last edited by brianm767; 09-21-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post
I need to learn how to identify a IHC stock without looking in the channel. I was there twice but wouldn't know what to look for. I need two of them.
First look for the indentation then check out the DAS, the proof P and the overall profile. I saw a lot of replacement stocks with a indentation today so it was a waste of time looking for that only. Most, no all, of the IHC stocks I saw did not have a decent DAS or proof P. They might work ok for FG but not on a SG.

Last edited by Ronwall; 09-21-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:51 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were 12 customers at opening, few more after opening and the racks were full. A few cartouches present, DAS and GAW.

Armors today are Austin and Matt.

Inventory remains the same as yesterday’s closing report except the below rifles were added today.

M1917 Eddystone, 2, 700.00

1903, 6.

WRA FG, 4, there were some WRA barrels.

Good luck on your searches.

Last edited by PH68; 09-21-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Ronwall;1870645]It was good seeing you at the store. The JLG on the SG 4.49 IHC went home with me. It has a SA 1-55 barrel but the numbers are 1+ and 1+ so I thought it was worth the money. I also picked up the FG 3.62 with lock bars. When I removed the stock and saw the uncut -9 op rod it was a gimme after that.

Enjoyed meeting you to Ron. Emailed you this morning ref RRAD stocks. I met the Air Force. Glad to know he got a good one.
Looking For SA #2465125 #3740941 S&W #AHD6840
Semi-Retired LEO
NRA Life Member
Old 09-21-2019, 12:26 PM

My haul from yesterday. Winchester M1917 with 1-18 win barrel lot of E marked other parts. A 1941 SA with 3/43 SA Barrel and a 44 WRA with WRA barrel, bolt and modified op rod.

[IMG][/IMG]
Semi-Retired LEO
NRA Life Member
Old 09-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 54 rifles at closing.

CMP Specials/FG/RG/WRA Specials, 13.

WRA SG/FG, 13, few w/WRA barrels.

IHC SG/FG 13.

SA FG, 12.

1903ís, 3.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:53 PM

Talking I finally got a Gap Letter

Guys,
It has been a long and good day for me.
I have always been the guy that knows a guy that found a Gap Letter at the store or the guy standing next to the guy that found a Gap Letter at the store and have seen at least 6 Gap Letters sold to date.
I found a penny heads up at the gas station on the way to the store this morning, so figured I would have a decent day.
I would like to say that I used my vast knowledge on M1s and crafty looking to find what I did, but honestly I was told the rifle was there by a woman in line that collected Carbines. She had seen it the evening before when her and her husband were there.
A 4.6 Gap Letter! And to beat all she knew exactly where it was and told me!
Since I was first in line due to a habit of getting to the store about an hour prior to opening, I figured I had a decent chance of finding it.
Needless to say when the door was opened I went straight to it and took it to the counter.
A quick glance sowed me it was very likely an original finish receiver and other than that a mix of parts. My estimate is that this rifle was a put-together by the CMP. A complete mix of parts, though some with interest.
The receiver is obviously what we want. A Gap Letter with SA Drawing Number and Heat Lot.
The Trigger Group is a real nice and complete X IHC.
The Gas Cylinder is a narrow base WRA and has been refinished and the Gas Screw is a nice Single Slot.
Barrel is a replacement HRA and the remaining a mix of SA parts.
I love it.
I have been hoping for quite a while to be the guy that would find one of these and now I am

Obviously I have been very fortunate in what I have been able to find, but I chalk that up to frequent visits and paying attention to the details, but now I must add that getting a good hint from another customer can pay dividends.

OK, it did not happen without pictures so here ya go.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Gotta wonder what will be next
Old 09-21-2019, 07:01 PM

Very Nice find
Semi-Retired LEO
NRA Life Member