Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2019, 04:51 PM

I bought this one probabaly 12 years ago and its still going strong. Its well made and wont rip out and I carry a lot of ammo in it . Very roomy
If I needed another I would buy it again
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...nge-bag-system
Old 06-18-2019, 05:40 PM

A word of warning about "inexpensive" range bags. I have seen a few of them fail at our range. Broken zippers, failed stitching and fractured metal hardware on the carry straps are among the types of things that can go wrong. I remember one incident very distinctly when a fella's carry strap "pot metal" snap shackle fractured and the bag and its contents crashed into the concrete. I recommend spending a little more and getting something that you can depend on.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I bought this one probabaly 12 years ago and its still going strong. Its well made and wont rip out and I carry a lot of ammo in it . Very roomy
I bought this same one after a recommendation from a co-worker. It's a great bag. I lived for years with miscellaneous gym bags and tool bags. Most have broke or fell apart due to the weight being carried. No issues with this one , going on the second year of use.

Josh
Old 06-19-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
+1 for this bag. Put it on your wish list and wait for the email notification when it goes on sale + free shipping. Only downside right now is that it's only available in black. I guess not really a downside if you want a black one.

The other version of this bag https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...tion-range-bag is not a good value compared to the other, not sure why they even offer it.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:47 AM

My choice. Sturdy construction, padded, plenty of room, and at an affordable price via Amazon.

https://blackhawk.com/products/tacti...luxe-range-bag

- milsurpshooter
Old 06-20-2019, 08:30 AM

Suggest tan or any color lighter than black as it becomes difficult to find objects rolling around in a black bag. My duties as a Firearms Instructor required a huge range bag packed with equipment. No more! I have since downsized and compartmentalized my gear to be discipline specific (pistol, rifle, rimfire, shotgun) using a modest sized "basics" bag and taking only what I need for any specific range session. I use several of the Midway Tactical Pistol Cases as dedicated cases to further compartmentalize those frequently used pistols and organize my mags.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang82 View Post
Suggest tan or any color lighter than black as it becomes difficult to find objects rolling around in a black bag. My duties as a Firearms Instructor required a huge range bag packed with equipment. No more! I have since downsized and compartmentalized my gear to be discipline specific (pistol, rifle, rimfire, shotgun) using a modest sized "basics" bag and taking only what I need for any specific range session. I use several of the Midway Tactical Pistol Cases as dedicated cases to further compartmentalize those frequently used pistols and organize my mags.
I agree on both the desirablilty of a light colored bag and also the advantages of discipline specific bags. Oversized bags are a real pain.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:37 PM

I would like to know why the smaller of the two range bags from Midway is not a good value. The large bag is much larger than I need and if fully packed with ammo and supplies would be pretty heavy. I usually only take 2-3 handguns to the range and 2-4 boxes of ammo along with my eye and ear protection. The smaller $59.99 bag should meet my needs and got good reviews except for one bad review. Any info. on the smaller Midway bag would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-20-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty31 View Post
+1 for this bag. Put it on your wish list and wait for the email notification when it goes on sale + free shipping. Only downside right now is that it's only available in black. I guess not really a downside if you want a black one.

The other version of this bag https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...tion-range-bag is not a good value compared to the other, not sure why they even offer it.
Dusty, I don't have either bag but I suspect that some folks don't want to have all the interior containers - they simply want a larger internal volume to carry gear. Other folks do want these accessories so it is of value to them.

I personally favor a smaller overall bag size with no internal accessories but that just me.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:26 PM

Heck when I go to the range the large bag doesn't seem big enough sometimes