Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2019, 08:12 PM

It's a shame to hear the lack of inventory at the North Store - this is the first year in 15 years I have not attended the National Matches (due to work conflict). I know the north store staff over that decade and a half that I've religiously attended - are delighted when people arrive from all parts of the country to buy an M1 Garand or other service rifle O3 A3) and they can assist them in purchasing a rifle... The north store staff is awesome.. Doesn't sound like they got much to offer this year.. Very unfortunate as this event is a very well attended match..
Old 08-05-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
The North Store did feature a nice model CMP pen this year. The cups on the tables were full.
Oh why yes I was able to select a nice pen ! 😂
Old 08-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Or maybe the posters themselves had second thoughts and deleted on their own.
No I don't think that happened.Your not allowed to voice your opinion on certain subjects. I know one guy got throwed off for a couple jokes he said about the 45' s the CMP was selling.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:33 AM

I think theres a lot of young guys and girls would love to own an M1 Garand but just can't afford one. I just had a young guy about 25 years old up at our club range about a week ago. As soon as he saw my two M1 Garands , I could tell he was interested. He said to his buddy about how he'd like to have one. As soon as I started shooting , he come up to my bench. He said he never held an M1 before. I picked my one rifle up and handed it to him. He had a big smile on his face holding it. I took it back and loaded 8 rds in it and told him he could shoot it. He said that made his day. His buddy took a video of him shooting for proof. I told him how to order one from the CMP. He said he was going home and check it out.I think a lot of young people enjoy shooting the M1 Garand. They just can't afford one on the wages they earn!!!
Old 08-06-2019, 10:35 AM

I was there at north store 7-17-19 the racks were full with Service grade ,Sa,Hra,IHCand rack grades and 1903 30 some a rack. Plus Specials and even fg specials. Got 2 very nice Garands. Store was very busy. Lots of nice rifles. Yes theNorth Store gets rifles!!
Old 08-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Default M1

I’ve never been to either store. Doubt I will travel that far for a rifle. From what I have observed in the short time I have been observing, the NS always has had less inventory. Made sense in a way. As to the “youngers”. If they desire to be the next caretaker of a rifle they will do what is necessary to achieve that end. When I have a Garand out to a range I always ensure I have enough ammunition on hand so those that express an interest may have a go. I find it interesting that the majority of those that do have a go will stop at two rounds or so and look at me. They don’t want to “shoot up all of my ammunition”. It’s fun to let them know that the point of it is to get “ping’d”. So go ahead and shoot all eight! Smiles all around. Giving...
God bless!
Old 08-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Default "youngers"

Excellent post, Scotty..... warmed my heart!
Steve
Old 08-07-2019, 08:46 AM

I was there Aug 2 and they had about 23 ihc field grade rifles. No GI wood and they looked like marginal rack grades. They had the usual m1c and d’s. They also had 308 ihc specials and some 3006 specials. Bottom line, they did have something for sale if you were interested. Lots of people but no one was buying. I would have thought they would have had a few more rifles available, service grades etc.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofM1 View Post
I was there at north store 7-17-19 the racks were full with Service grade ,Sa,Hra,IHCand rack grades and 1903 30 some a rack. Plus Specials and even fg specials. Got 2 very nice Garands. Store was very busy. Lots of nice rifles. Yes theNorth Store gets rifles!!
Nobody is claiming that the North Store didn’t get nice Rifles. The point is that your experience was not typical over the span of the matches. In fact not even close to being typical, even for those who came early before the store opened, and people are simply asserting that it didn’t have to be that way, and it shouldn’t have been that way.

One thing is certain though. If complaining about it did any good, the North Store would have received 5,000 service grades for the matches. Lol
Old 08-07-2019, 07:11 PM

I think they should limit sales of garands during the matches to those who shot the NTI and P100
Distinguished Rifleman #2451
Garandthumb.com