Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Forum Webmaster

Just as an FYI. The user m1guy has not logged into the forum since 4-11-11.

If anyone has sent money to:
Craig Williams
PO Box 1333
Granby Colorado 80446

Please get in touch with the authorities in Granby Colorado. If you’ve not already sent money please do not. If you’ve sent payment and have not received your item please contact Deputy Machione in Granby CO;

Deputy Machione
Granby Dispatch
(970)725-3311

There is an ongoing investigation going on in Granby CO.

As a reminder, the CMP does not suggest purchasing items from individual's who do not have the "CMP customer" tag.

-GitM
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Angry M1guy

I spoke to Craig Williams Thursday 4-28-2011 1-(970)-509-0095 and he stated he was in kentucky @ the present but he would be back in Granby Co. next Friday 5-6-2011. I inquired about my E-mails to him and he stated he didn't have internet access in Kentucky.
I have spoke to him 3 times on the phone and he has been polite and professional and he stated he would send me my part. I won't let this rest until I receive my part. I'll never purchase from a 1 post wonder again. $350.00 is too much money to loose. I'll keep everyone up to date and I pray I receive my part and everyone else receives their parts too.

OK0KOK.................
Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM

Good luck......I would guess all he is doing is getting more time to let his trail run cold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
I spoke to Craig Williams Thursday 4-28-2011 1-(970)-509-0095 and he stated he was in kentucky @ the present but he would be back in Granby Co. next Friday 5-6-2011. I inquired about my E-mails to him and he stated he didn't have internet access in Kentucky.
I have spoke to him 3 times on the phone and he has been polite and professional and he stated he would send me my part. I won't let this rest until I receive my part. I'll never purchase from a 1 post wonder again. $350.00 is too much money to loose. I'll keep everyone up to date and I pray I receive my part and everyone else receives their parts too.

OK0KOK.................
Old 04-30-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bab2555 View Post
Can I ask why his ad is still posted and he is allowed on forum with the information you posted below?
As a warning to others. The seller has very similar ads on many forums so a thread here can be valuable to someone who googles him in an attempt to see his bonafides.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Hi. Thank you for leaving this up. VERY VERY GOOD IDEA! I found this Forum thread with a google search.

Williams got me for $78.00 on GunsAmerica on 3/11/11 for a Luger hold-open Latch. He used the name Gun Parts Unlimited. They have suspended his account.

Using the phone number posted here,970 509-0095 (THANK YOU!!) I spoke with him this AM @ 1135. He gave me the sick relative in Kentucky story and promised to send me my money on Monday. I told him that I am a retired prosecutor which is true and am the wrong guy to steal from. I will contact BATFE, IRS, CO Tax Bureau, and Postal Authorities in Granby if I do not have my money by Thursday. I contacted the Granby Sheriff's Office to speak with Deputy Machione. He was not in but I left contact info for him to call me back.

M1's are cool. I just bought a new one from the CMP, put NM sights on it and am spending way too much money on ammo. Big Fun!

Thank you gentlemen.

Regards,
Doug

Last edited by silverknife; 04-30-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:33 PM

He got me for $121 on auctionarms using the name "CoKid" for an H&R barrel.. used a fake id to give himself good feedback, I tried email with no luck and his phone doesn't seem to work.
his info is:
email addresses: partsdealer1975@gmail.com (akfiles.com), partsdealer@gmail.com (the firearms forum), surplusgundepot@gmail.com

Craig Williams
PO box 1333
Granby colorado 80446 (970)509-0095
plus:
Craig Williams
PO box 1072
Grand Lake Colorado 80447
this is a copy of the warning I got from auctionarms after I sent the guy my payment:
"
Pat,
Marcus here from AuctionArms.com. We’ve reason to believe that the seller of the auction you won item 10263376 is perpetrating fraud. We’ve taken the precaution of closing their account on AuctionArms.com. Another buyer has been in touch with the authorities in Granby Colorado. If you’ve not already sent money please do not. If you’ve sent payment and have not received your item please contact Deputy Machione in Granby CO;
Deputy Machione
Granby Dispatch
(970)725-3311

Last edited by rekkert; 05-04-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
As a warning to others. The seller has very similar ads on many forums so a thread here can be valuable to someone who googles him in an attempt to see his bonafides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bab2555 View Post
Can I ask why his ad is still posted and he is allowed on forum with the information you posted below?
We are in the process of discussing new procedures for the classifieds section. If you have any suggestions, please forward them to me and we will take it into consideration.

In the interim, I suggest everyone read this excerpt from the classified rules:

Use this section at your own risk.
There are a lot of scams out there so take precautions in your business ventures. The Civilian Marksmanship Program WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF USING THIS SECTION. As a suggestion: sellers should consider using delivery confirmation to avoid conflicts from buyers; saying they never received the products. Buyers, get to know the seller a little before you blindly send cash. If something does not seem right; it probably isn't. If something seems too good to be true; it probably is.

Lastly, don't forget the Buyer/Seller Feedback forum. Be sure to express a good or bad experience with your buyer or seller, and let others know what to expect. Also be sure to check there for a member if you are concerned BEFORE you buy.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:59 AM

He contacted me by telephone on Monday claiming to be in Ashville KY and said he was sending me a refund. If he did I should have it today or or Friday. Will advise further.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 AM

I finally received the rest of my of my order after 12 E-mails and 7 phone calls.
Thank you CMP for allowing me to use this Website to resolve my issues with M1guy.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM

I received a partial refund of what he owes me ($45.00 instead of $79.00) on Thursday 5 May. Although he said that he was in Kentucky, the postal money order he sent was issued in Columbus, Ohio and mailed from Columbus, Ohio. He said that he would send me the rest of what he owed, "as soon as I can."

While he claims to be in the gun parts business, I am not in the business of making interest free loans for indefinate periods of time to people I have never met!!