Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 03:26 PM

Default Browning 1919A4 For Sale/Trade

I have a Browning 1919A4 parts kit I am interested in trading or selling. Its the combination kit with both 7.62 and 30.06 barrels. the 7.62 barrel guages a 1 on my CMP guage and looks virtually unfired and the 30.06 barrel guages a 2 in very nice shape. Both barrels have great shiny bores and strong sharp rifling. It looks as though this kit was built by Saginaw Steering Gear as it has the "SG" stamped on most parts. There is a flaming bomb on the bottom plate and on the top forward left side plate. I believe this particular kit was originally made as a 1917 and then converted by the military to a 1919 due to the dovetail cut on the inside of the left side plate and the rear sight bracket is marked "RIA". This kit is selling for $1125 now(http://e-sarcoinc.com/1919a4combination30830-06set.aspx). I am asking $950 shipped or trade or trade with cash. This is a reallly nice kit the parkerizing is light on the left side plate. I lost interest in this project so I am open to trades preferrably. This is a parts kit so no FFL required. Some things I would be willing to trade would be:
M84 scope and mount for M1D
1903A3
M14
M14 parts kit
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
would entertain some AR's
If you have something else you're wanting to trade let me know we might be able to make a deal. Lets do some dealing so we're both happy. Here is the link to the pics
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/z...view=slideshow

Last edited by 56hotrod; 05-06-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:45 PM

PM sent
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM

The $650 "kit" from OOW is the semi right side plate with a bolt and barrel extention already machined for semi, rivets and then reparked. Its not an entire parts kit. The kit I'm selling has all the parts except the semi right side plate (which is considered the receiver) it already has a bolt and barrel extension included but not machined. Its got 2 barrels, only for 7.62 and one for 30.06. You really only need the semi rsp and then send the bolt barrel extention off to any of the well known 1919 builders to get machined (around $100) and reparked for way cheaper than OOW. Get a rivet set, assemble the gun then repark and shoot. If you're not familiar with SEMI 1919 builds its best not to buy a kit until you've read quite a bit on the 1919 forums to get an understanding what it takes to build one. There are plenty of well known builders that will machine your parts for a very reasonable price.

Sarco is the last place that has these kits in stock and in the last year or so they have almost doubled. When they run out there will be no more and the prices will skyrocket even more.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Would also be willing to trade for M84 scope and mount for my M1D.

Last edited by 56hotrod; 05-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Default 1919a4

Tom,

PM Sent

John
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
My original GI Tripod was I think around 195.00 then and I am sure I would be shocked what those sell for now too.
They are anywhere from $400 to $700 now.

Quote:
Also on a sidenote,when I assembled mine back then I had to serial number the right sideplate
Thats because it was not considered a complete receiver you all you had to do was have it sent to your house drill a few hole and put the gun together. Today most people use 100% RSP. The 100% right side plate you buy already has a serial number on it and will need to be sent to your FFL when you purchase it before you even assemble the gun.

Quote:
80 percent semi auto sideplate
I'm pretty sure these arent sold anymore, its either a 100% percent or 70% and the 70% requires a bit of machining so pretty much everyone is using 100% RSP which in turn requires it to be sent to an FFL for you to purchase.

Quote:
Also on a sidenote,when I assembled mine back then I had to serial number the right sideplate and if you assemble one yourself, from what I understood at the time I could never sell it as a assembled complete 1919,if I was to sell it I could not sell it complete. I would have to disassemble it and sell it as a parts kit again without the reciever sideplate.
This is not true. Per ATF regulations anyone(that is allowed to legally posess a firearm) is permitted to build ONE firearm per year for PERSONAL USE, not to sell for profit. If you decide you want to build an AK or 1919 or whatever from a parts kit you can build one per year. If you decide years later down the road you dont want it anymore and want to sell it you can.

Quote:
In other words a individual can assemble a semi auto for his personal use but not for resale. To assemble them and sell them would require a manufacturers licence.
A better way to state this is an individual can assemble a semi auto for personal use but NOT with the intent on resale. To assemble them with the intent of resale for profit or business then yes that would require a manufacturers license. But I do not believe nor have I seen a law saying you cannot sell the completed rifle to someone years down the road if choose to not want it. You still have to follow all local and state and federal laws to transfer it.

When people first starting building them semi the ATF required you to weld the side plates to the bottom plate and front trunnion, well that went away per this ATF letter and now you can rivet them like they were originally.

Best thing to do is not take anyone's word for any of this, do your own research here
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/

Last edited by 56hotrod; 05-07-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Default For all interested, so I dont have to keep retyping this

I'm getting a boat load of pm's and emails on this so.....

I'll try to explain building one of these as best I can without being to confusing but if I do then I will do my best to answer your questions.
Ok, first things first, you CANNOT build a fully automatic machine gun with this kit legally. The ATF has a letter(show in the post above) stating that you CAN LEGALLY build a SEMI auto only 1919 with these kits.
The way to go about legally is to buy a newly manufactured right side plate which is considered the reciever and it has the serial number on it so it goes to an FFL when you buy it. The RSP has to be a different than the original design 1919 RSP so no one can install the unmachined fully auto internals and make it fully auto. It has to have a "blocking plate" or has to be a thicker dimension.
So being that the newly manufactured RSP is now a thicker dimension you have to take the internals (bolt, barrel extension) and have the right side of them machined down. So they will work with the RSP.
You also should use a newly manufactured trigger group specifically made for semi builds.
So, you have to buy a RSP they range from $150 to $300 depending on who you buy it from. Machine internals($100), rivet kit($25), repark the gun(varies by who does it, you can research that). After that you can assemble the rifle into a legal semi auto 1919A4.
What I would recommend is to send it off to a builder with your new RSP(whoever you choose) and trigger group(Karma is what I would buy) let the builder do the machining, repark and assembly. The good builders usually charge around $500 to do this. So the quick rundown of cost:
$950 (parts kit)
$200 (RSP)
$150 (trigger group)
$25 (rivets)
$500 (machine, build, repark)
roughly $1800 give or take a few bucks.
Here is a great link with info on a builder who is considered the best his name is John McGuire if you search the 1919 build forums you will find his contact info. Here is another good link so you can visualize what I am talking about the machining
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/fpp/
Its really not hard at all to build one. As for the machining, all you really have to send out is your bolt, barrel extension and lock frame. those are the 3 rectangular looking pieces. If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:56 AM

PM sent
Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Sold pending funds.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:52 PM

Is this kit still available