Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2020, 01:34 PM

Default Error importing csv file

I have a database that is a result of splitting my NMCollector database based on location. I exported all of my original database, imported it into OpenOffice and deleted some records based on their location field. I then saved the remaining records as a desktop csv file.
I then created a new install of NMCollector onto a new flash drive and tried to import the newly created csv file but I get an error msg, :Error importing csv file. I have tried this selecting both desktop and Android csv file types with the same bad result. Can anyone offer some assistance?
Old 09-28-2020, 02:57 PM

Thumbs up Thanks Quarterbore!

Great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
If you have the original file I would go back and check your edit. You may have missed a comma or line break.

If not, then your issue is what you used to edit. CSV doesn’t have strict standards so some software may add line breaks or other formatting that messes the import up. Try importing your Unmodified file (I assume it will work) then make a very minor change (add a character etc) and save it and verify that it still imports. If so, then the software is not likely making changes so your error is likely in your edit.