Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > My Gun DB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
tank mech tank mech is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Birmingham Al
Posts: 579
Default just praise

Thanks for the software it is great for keeping up with my weapons ,I can keep bayonets in it too and equipment/ holsters /mags /mag pouches ect. I am not a ffl holder and rarely ever sell anything so some of the stuff is not needed but if something happens to me at least my family will know all the history of each firearm and the accessories also who gets them. I do have 1 small question is it possible to have a password that will allow you to view the info on the database and another to change it ? I know nothing at all about computers so please keep it simple .Thank You chet
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 AM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank mech View Post
Thanks for the software it is great for keeping up with my weapons ,I can keep bayonets in it too and equipment/ holsters /mags /mag pouches ect. I am not a ffl holder and rarely ever sell anything so some of the stuff is not needed but if something happens to me at least my family will know all the history of each firearm and the accessories also who gets them. I do have 1 small question is it possible to have a password that will allow you to view the info on the database and another to change it ? I know nothing at all about computers so please keep it simple .Thank You chet
Unfortunately not - but I COULD add in a lockdown option in the program so that to make edits you would need a different password... but that would be program based, not database based (so if you used the DB file on another computer, it wouldn't have that feature enabled automatically).

I think I have a way I could add it to the database itself, actually now that I think about it. Let me put some thought into this -- it won't be added right away but I'll add it to the ToDo list for the next release or two down the road.
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
hammonje hammonje is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Union, KY
Posts: 4,520
Default

I am going to start using the software this weekend.

What are the differences between the full and regular versions?????
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
I am going to start using the software this weekend.

What are the differences between the full and regular versions?????
Free version is FULLY functional but limited to 10 or less firearms, Basic registration disables Ammo, Maint and Holsters tabs, A&D reports, and limits images per firearm to 3 or less and Full registration enables all features
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
hammonje hammonje is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Union, KY
Posts: 4,520
Default

Dang....I need to get going on my database. Once in place it will be fantastic to have. Thanks for taking the time to generate this software. Very useful and not too expensive. Going full registration, just wanted to know what the exact differences were.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
Dang....I need to get going on my database. Once in place it will be fantastic to have. Thanks for taking the time to generate this software. Very useful and not too expensive. Going full registration, just wanted to know what the exact differences were.

Cheers.
Making MyGunDB has been a ton of fun (and more than a little frustrating at times ) and I'm glad people have been finding it useful!

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions!
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:28 PM
robertmcm robertmcm is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Occupied Alabama
Posts: 1,057
Default

Wow, can't wait until the iPhone app is available!

What if I do not have my registration code anymore?
__________________
Bama Carry, ASA, NFAFA, NFATCA, NRA, SAF, GOA, CCRKBA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcm View Post
Wow, can't wait until the iPhone app is available!

What if I do not have my registration code anymore?
Pm me your email and ill have it resent.
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2012, 06:04 AM
robertmcm robertmcm is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Occupied Alabama
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfrage View Post
Pm me your email and ill have it resent.
I will do that when the app is released, I will probably loose it again.
__________________
Bama Carry, ASA, NFAFA, NFATCA, NRA, SAF, GOA, CCRKBA
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Rick the Librarian Rick the Librarian is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW Washington State
Posts: 7,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfrage View Post
Free version is FULLY functional but limited to 10 or less firearms, Basic registration disables Ammo, Maint and Holsters tabs, A&D reports, and limits images per firearm to 3 or less and Full registration enables all features
What are "A&D reports"?

RtL
__________________
"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
--C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.