Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
The flip sight is a very obvious repro

the band grouping is throwing off red flags to me as well, but I'm not an expert on bands.
I saw a similar flip for sale here on the forum in 2015 or 2016 that was listed as a fake so I'm not surprised to hear it is fake. I suspect the band is fake too but I'm no expert.

GuapoPogi
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM

Default values on some parts

I have to be considered a novice in the carbine-collecting world, but even to me the dead give-away on repo parts is usually the stamping. It's usually just too good to be true, or in the wrong place.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM

Yep, that is one of the sights Numrich sells. They do not list it as having any stamping but when purchased it is the IN B and the stamps are just like that. Even so it is a good $25 part if you do not shoot it, the pin works free quickly. This ebay seller either got a bunch from Numrich or from the same source Numrich did, been selling them for a while and still has plenty on hand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-CARBINE-P...4AAOSwzqFZAAzc

Here is another one, some poor sucker paided $100 for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-1-Carbine-...p2047675.l2557

There have been lots of these (literally LOTS) on ebay the past 2 years. And no one wonders were all these ORIGINAL IBM sights came from lol.

Last edited by cali201; Yesterday at 06:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
Yep, that is one of the sights Numrich sells. They do not list it as having any stamping but when purchased it is the IN B and the stamps are just like that. Even so it is a good $25 part if you do not shoot it, the pin works free quickly. This ebay seller either got a bunch from Numrich or from the same source Numrich did, been selling them for a while and still has plenty on hand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-CARBINE-P...4AAOSwzqFZAAzc

Here is another one, some poor sucker paided $100 for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-1-Carbine-...p2047675.l2557

There have been lots of these (literally LOTS) on ebay the past 2 years. And no one wonders were all these ORIGINAL IBM sights came from lol.
I got my flipper from a commercial carbine I stripped for parts.

GuapoPogi
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I got my flipper from a commercial carbine I stripped for parts.

GuapoPogi

[QUOTE=GuapoPogi;1. Type I Rear Sight IBM IN B (might be reproduction). I figure this is worth maybe $25 if it is a reproduction, but what would it be worth if it is real? GuapoPogi[/QUOTE]

Then why would you ever even think it could be real?
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
Then why would you ever even think it could be real?
It was a 1960's commercial carbine that was all usgi parts. Although the rear sight had been changed at one time and replaced with this.

GuapoPogi

Last edited by GuapoPogi; Yesterday at 01:37 PM.