Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuceguy View Post
I have not heard of any sales as of yet. I will keep everyone posted.
Iím from Northfield. Take me to work and let me dumpster dive. That would be the best sales event ever.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:21 AM

In about 2003 I started accumulating USGI M14 components to do, what I think of as, an M14 Variant Build (it is not actually a clone, after all ).

In 2005 I bought a receiver from Armscorp ... which was out of spec ... sent it back (The owner called me and asked if I would like the replacement to have a specialty s/n. I thanked him for the offer and told him that I would be happy just to have one that is in-spec, please.) ... and they shipped me a replacement ... which was also out of spec ... and I had to live with it. After that experience I never wondered why Armscorp disappeared shortly thereafter.

In 2010 I bought another receiver (4th of July Sale ), this one from Fulton Armory, and I found it to be an excellent product.

Late Summer 2013 I noticed the M14 barrel standing in a corner of my South gunsafe and remembered that I had not yet built that rifle.

After the Build I added a Bassett Machine quick-remove scope mount (Standard Low Scope Mount Package Item# SM14/1A-Lo) and I have been very happy with the results.

FWIW
Old 07-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Man, if the parts are that bad, they go for recycling. We should meet up and hit the range.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to ROC Send a message via MSN to ROC Send a message via Yahoo to ROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YahooMarine View Post
I do have a gc wrench

The Garand wrench is a different dimension than the M14 wrench. I have both and they are not interchangable.

Another good book with a lot of great info, examples and pix is available from Fulton.

The M14 Complete Assembly Guide by Walt Kuleck and Clint McKee.

Rich
Got this book and it's an excellent resource for this project.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 PM

Yes, great photos and illustrations. I keep it by the nightstand and flip thru it often. I need to get a life.

Clint chatted with me on the phone when I had a question and he stressed the importance of the proper function of the trigger hooks and sear. He told me to read that section and reread it and then perform the test several times. If it did not pass that test he said it was unsafe to fire. The two I assembled passed using USGI trigger groups.

However, I had trouble with an M1 that continued to double and triple. Tried the M14 TG test and it did not pass. Replaced the trigger and hammer on that one. Works fine now. So, it is a test I do on M1s now.

Rich

Last edited by YahooMarine; 07-22-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to ROC Send a message via MSN to ROC Send a message via Yahoo to ROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YahooMarine View Post
Yes, great photos and illustrations. I keep it by the nightstand and flip thru it often. I need to get a life.

Clint chatted with me on the phone when I had a question and he stressed the importance of the proper function of the trigger hooks and sear. He told me to read that section and reread it and then perform the test several times. If it did not pass that test he said it was unsafe to fire. The two I assembled passed using USGI trigger groups.

However, I had trouble with an M1 that continued to double and triple. Tried the M14 TG test and it did not pass. Replaced the trigger and hammer on that one. Works fine now. So, it is a test I do on M1s now.

Rich
That's great to know. I'll definitely check into that.