Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K10 View Post
that's what I got too. and a chamber flag. you can also buy a pack of 25 new manufacture enblocs at the store (if they are in stock).

But set yourself up for reasonable expectations as far as accuracy goes. A field grade M1 is no AR. from what I've read expect a 3 MOA rifle at best
That agrees with what I read from a couple of sources. They say it's not unreasonable to expect 3 inch groups at 100 yds and to hit a torso (target) at 200 yds with a muzzle reading of "3". Of course, "your results may vary". That is good enough for me. I know it will be safe to take to the range. I don't intend to enter a match with it anyway.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 AM

Just asking 5 X 5, you said something about taking your discharge papers with you, are you a member of a service organization like the American Legion/VFW, etc.? If so, most service organization memberships qualify for the "club" requirement. Just sayin.......
Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickhauler View Post
Just asking 5 X 5, you said something about taking your discharge papers with you, are you a member of a service organization like the American Legion/VFW, etc.? If so, most service organization memberships qualify for the "club" requirement. Just sayin.......
No, I never joined. But thanks for the "heads up".
Cheers
Old 07-21-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I have said this many, many times. If you go by what others have received you may be setting yourself up for a big dissapointment.
No one posts pics of the rifles from the low end of the grade description
Its all luck of the draw
Your right, this forum has a very low tolerance for anything but praise for the CMP.

Ive actually had good luck with mail order. Recieved a FG SA last year and it was on the high end, could of passed for an SG if the stock wasnt so beat up. Im thinking of rolling the dice again.