Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2016, 10:02 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Ficklin View Post
Getting out and becoming part of the community of JCG and XTC shooters is the best way to enjoy your M1. You can still do all that other stuff like take pictures, and pour over production numbers and heat lots, and swap parts around if you like that sort of thing. The main thing is to get out there and shoot it with others the way the CMP intended. You will then realize that the gun itself isn't as important as the experience of the shooting community, and goals achieved with it. Now you need a Springfield, and a vintage rifle to get into the three gun games aggregate.
Greg, I have not shot XTC in 6 years. JCG could be a pleasant change. The whole reason I joined the club was to shoot JCG and Vintage Military and I just got side tracked. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:54 PM

If you ever decide to ride up the road to Greenville NC, we have CMP sanctioned GSV matches every month on the first Saturday. Just give me a PM if interested.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:35 PM

My M1 CMP Special arrived today. Time to take it apart and get busy on the stock. Thanks to everyone on this forum. I enjoy the information available here so much.

John