Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post

At the end of the day low supply coupled with high demand (and a good economy) will always, 100% of the time, result in some hurt feelings.
Try looking at it from CMPs view, with their mission (which is not selling, not ensuring everyone gets the same opportunity at the same price for every single item they have). Remember that every supply vs demand challenge they have, they KNOW that no matter what process they use, it will still result in more buyers than items. It will stll result, EVERY TIME in some stating the process was unfair. They know whatever changes or improvements they make will result in the same: not enough items and cries of unfairness.

JH
I attempted to make it clear in my original post of this string of comments, that I am not all upset with the CMP. Glad that they are there and Glad to do business with them. It is just a minor complaint, that I doubt will every be addressed.

I like the CMP store, even though I have only been once and my never have an opportunity to go again.

Last edited by krdomingue; 04-17-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
I attempted to make it clear in my original post of this string of comments, that I am not all upset with the CMP. Glad that they are there and Glad to do business with them. It is just a minor complaint, that I doubt will every be addressed.

I like the CMP store, even though I have only been once and my never have an opportunity to go again.
Ah, but I wasn't responding to your original post. Note the text I quoted.
And I still have not used the word "upset", so you don't need to defend from me

Msny of us may choose slightly different processes and at the end of the day there still won't be enough to go around. So always unfair to those who missd out.

Jh
Old 04-17-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
better yet, to be totally fair to EVERYONE, including future generations, close the Stores, close down mail order, and go back to the "One rifle per Lifetime" rule of the old DCM. But also add that, when you die, the rifle is returned to the CMP for resale to a new "owner".

Now THAT is fair!

You know, I never saw the word "fair" in the CMP charter. I did see the words "market value", which the CMP does not follow in its pricing structure....

"Life is Good!"
You're idea is further out in left field than mine was. I'm humbled.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
You're idea is further out in left field than mine was. I'm humbled.
What's the old song - "Take it, to the limit,..."

Have a great day, everyone!

"Life is Good!"
Old 04-17-2018, 04:11 PM

Now just imagine if our North Store friend heard about what Leon used to do at the South Store, he would have a stroke!

My Holy Journey in 2009 included walking in the door of the SS and running into Leon with my list of things I was hoping to find during my pilgrimage.

Leon helped my find most of my needs treasures in the bountiful racks of Correct grades, services grades but one thing was missing. I wanted a 1942 to add to my WWII rifle series. "Wait a minute" he says and Leon walks into the back room and shortly returns with a barreled receiver and bolt all correct for july of 1942. "here you go" he says and walks away.

Just another person whose life was touched by Leon.

So sorry those days are gone, but it saved the life of Bob32268 cause if Leon was still doing his thing it "wouldn't be fair".
Old 04-18-2018, 12:04 AM

Nice rifles Richard. Congrats. Love those stocks!!

Shame the post got hijacked. Iím sure there are already 1000ís of post about the store conspiracies or opportunities to start a new one. Shame the discussion got turned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-18-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctarheels1 View Post

Shame the post got hijacked. Iím sure there are already 1000ís of post about the store conspiracies or opportunities to start a new one. Shame the discussion got turned.

+1,000

For what it's worth, I've deleted my off topic posts here. Thank you for your comment.... Posts 8 thru 35 should be deleted as well in my humble opinion.

Apologies to the OP.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctarheels1 View Post

Thanks John donít understand why my post got hijacked either was just trying to provide info about the south store and brag about my guns that I enjoyed building for my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer23 View Post
Thanks John donít understand why my post got hijacked either was just trying to provide info about the south store and brag about my guns that I enjoyed building for my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet rifles, hell, Iím in Virginia...I would drive there (north or south) no issue, to pick out ones like those 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk