Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Southeast > Georgia
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 PM

Default CMP Club and Smallbore matches in Metro Atlanta?

I would like to join a CMP affiliated club in the metro Atlanta area. I did a search on the CMP site and found most to be JROTC units from a school, Boy Scout troops and 4-H clubs. Does anyone know of a club near south metro/Fayette county that is open to new members?

Also I would like to try shooting in a smallbore match in the same area. Does anyone know any matches on the southside near Fayette county?

Thanks for the info.

Mark
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM

x2

We returned Tuesday from Camp Perry, had a great time learning and shooting! Looking for the same info and the same area.

Chip
Old 08-17-2013, 07:14 AM

Not a "smallbore" match but there is a CMP sanctioned 4H match (Rimfire Sporter) at Griffin Gun Club on August 31st. I have shot with them several matches including Camp Perry. They are good folks...

BTW, I live in Brooks GA.

Keith
[email protected]
Old 08-19-2013, 08:30 PM

I saw that Keith, unfortunately we'll be out of town for labor day. They have another one in September we will try to make.

Tyrone, here.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:34 AM

If you haven't found what you needed yet you can join the Georgia Sport Shooting Association (www.gssa.info) which is CMP affiliated and $15 a year. No range but does get you into a CMP affiliated club. Griffin sounds like the closest. South River Gun Club (Conyers) may also be CMP affiliated but am not sure ( http://www.southrivergunclub.com/).
If you are still looking for smallbore matches contact the River Bend Gun Club Smallbore Range Officer at [email protected]. RBGC is an hour North of Atlanta (www.rbgc.org) so not really near you, but has a lot of SB activity/matches and he could tell you where they run smallbore prone matches in your area. Tell him I sent you his way.
Hope this helps!
Ben Franklin
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the info. I was able to find CMP sanctioned smallbore and service rifle matches locally and they have been quite enjoyable. Also. Leon has a monthly CMP service rifle match in Bremen. I haven't tried one yet as they coincided with the SB matches but it is next in my to do list.