Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2019, 08:28 PM

Iíve been recuperating a little today from our road trip to the south store in Anniston yesterday. But wanted to relay that I came home with two WRA CMP Specials (30.06) ...which both Winchester receivers are Win-13ís. One will be mine & the other will be a gift for my FIL as his birthday is in a couple weeks.

Which I understand that the Specials donít appeal to many from a collectors standpoint but I could not be more proud of my purchases. Which Iíve gone through the one Iím keeping and its a mesh of WRA & SA parts as expected but it seems to be operating flawlessly .....and overall their both beautiful guns and neither have any pitting above or below the Winchester receivers. We will enjoy them very much.

Also.... weíve messaged each other privately, but I want to publicly thank PH68 on the forum.

Without his reports, I would have never known that a few WRAís were in their inventory this week. In turn...he messaged me and gave me a heads up on the Win-13ís. Being a newbie concerning Garandís I didnít know anything about Win-13ís and after a little reading up...it was sort of icing on the cake for a 12 hour round trip to Anniston and back to Kentucky.

PH68...... wished we had got to meet.... but without a doubt you provide a valuable service ....and thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Default Win-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMiller View Post
Iíve been recuperating a little today from our road trip to the south store in Anniston yesterday. But wanted to relay that I came home with two WRA CMP Specials (30.06) ...which both Winchester receivers are Win-13ís. One will be mine & the other will be a gift for my FIL as his birthday is in a couple weeks.

Which I understand that the Specials donít appeal to many from a collectors standpoint but I could not be more proud of my purchases. Which Iíve gone through the one Iím keeping and its a mesh of WRA & SA parts as expected but it seems to be operating flawlessly .....and overall their both beautiful guns and neither have any pitting above or below the Winchester receivers. We will enjoy them very much.

Also.... weíve messaged each other privately, but I want to publicly thank PH68 on the forum.

Without his reports, I would have never known that a few WRAís were in their inventory this week. In turn...he messaged me and gave me a heads up on the Win-13ís. Being a newbie concerning Garandís I didnít know anything about Win-13ís and after a little reading up...it was sort of icing on the cake for a 12 hour round trip to Anniston and back to Kentucky.

PH68...... wished we had got to meet.... but without a doubt you provide a valuable service ....and thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad the trip worked out for you and I saw both these rifles, both are very nice as you indicate. It was my pleasure and thanks for your comments. Enjoy your new additions. Tom
Old 04-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the help this weekend PH68. The SG WRA Garand is awesome! I felt guilty about not getting the butt stock kit and went back...and the 03A3 followed me out of the store as well. Your experience and keen eye really helped me out. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Default Wra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdwright5407 View Post
Thanks for the help this weekend PH68. The SG WRA Garand is awesome! I felt guilty about not getting the butt stock kit and went back...and the 03A3 followed me out of the store as well. Your experience and keen eye really helped me out. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That was a GOOD call on all three WRA, 1903a3 and butt cleaning kit. Thatís a good day at the CMP, glad I could help a little.....
Old 04-08-2019, 08:11 PM

What is the prognosis for Service Grades coming back to the store in a reasonable quantity? Are mail orders starting to get more caught up?
Old 04-08-2019, 08:49 PM

Default SGís

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Collector View Post
What is the prognosis for Service Grades coming back to the store in a reasonable quantity? Are mail orders starting to get more caught up?
Last Friday I saw a SG with a service tag date of TUESDAY. Donít think there is a large inventory available for the store (mail order?) so I think it will be awhile until we see a steady supply of SG/FGís!!! Just a guess....