Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 PM

Default First NS Visit - 1/14

Today was my first trip to the NS with my brother and brother-in-law. We got to the store at around 8:10 and were some of the first in line; by 9:00 there were about 15 people shopping. The shopping experience was amazing and we ended up picking some good ones. I got a SG HRA 5.6M with ME 0.5 and TE of 2.5 (as per Jim's measurements). The stock was in great shape with visible cartouche. The guys behind the counter said I got very lucky because the only part that was not HRA was the front sight. Other purchases in our group were a SG SA with ME 1 and TE 2 , a SG HRA with ME 1 and TE 2 with a LMR barrel and a FG HRA ME 2 and TE 2.

The guys behind the counter, Jim and Frank were awesome and very helpful! Also, thank you to the two guys from Illinois who gave us a good education on Garand's fast!

These are our first Garand's and they certainly wont be our last. Looking forward to making another NS run in the future. Some pictures of my HRA are in the link below, I have not cleaned it up yet though.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1023937...eat=directlink
Old 01-15-2012, 01:17 AM

What a rifle! You and your friends did great. On the next trip, because there will be another sooner than you think, head to Port Clinton and finish the trip at McCarthy's with a good lunch.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:49 AM

Nice rifle!

I looks like it hardly needs wiping down with a rag! Good one.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmac53 View Post
Today was my first trip to the NS with my brother and brother-in-law. We got to the store at around 8:10 and were some of the first in line; by 9:00 there were about 15 people shopping. The shopping experience was amazing and we ended up picking some good ones. I got a SG HRA 5.6M with ME 0.5 and TE of 2.5 (as per Jim's measurements). The stock was in great shape with visible cartouche. The guys behind the counter said I got very lucky because the only part that was not HRA was the front sight. Other purchases in our group were a SG SA with ME 1 and TE 2 , a SG HRA with ME 1 and TE 2 with a LMR barrel and a FG HRA ME 2 and TE 2.

The guys behind the counter, Jim and Frank were awesome and very helpful! Also, thank you to the two guys from Illinois who gave us a good education on Garand's fast!

These are our first Garand's and they certainly wont be our last. Looking forward to making another NS run in the future. Some pictures of my HRA are in the link below, I have not cleaned it up yet though.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1023937...eat=directlink
Welcome to the Forum. Nice Rifle!!! That will be your first of many. You'll get Garanditis.It's an addiction, you'll never get cured, because there is no cure!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM

Yes I was there with airmac53 and his brother yesterday morning. Wish I could have left with about 5 garands, but I settled for a FG HRA with a ME 2 and TE 2. I liked it because the wood seemed a little lighter than most of the M1s there. I also picked up a FG M1917 Enfield with a ME 2. Was in pretty good overall condtion and had "headspace ok" also marked on it. Hope it shoots...Will try to post pics as soon as I can. Overall, it was a great experience, would like to definitely go back in the future!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Airmac53, you need to enter the HRA with the LMR barrel onto the page below, A member is keeping track of all HRA with LMRs. It's titled "HRA with LMR barrels"
Nice rifle.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=11698