Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 AM

Default M14 Grade A Parts Kit

On Jan. 5th, I was at the store to check out the newly released Service Grades. Upon checking out, I noticed the sign for the M14 Grade A Kits located above the counter. I was interested in them at the time, but knew if I asked, my bill would probably go up another $600. Instead of tempting myself, I ignored the sign.

After seeing some members recent postings, of their completed M14 Kits, my interest has increased. Does the North Store have these kits in-stock? How are these kits packaged? Can you look through several kits and select one? Are the kits organized by manufacture? Is it worth going to the store to purchase a kit?

I don't know much about these kits. I've never had one built. Any advice would be appreciated.
Garand Collectors Association
Northeastern Kentucky Fish and Game Association
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM

I'm interested in hearing the answer, especially if you can hand-pick a kit.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:00 AM

If anyone wants a kit, you should pull the trigger right away. It looks like there aren't many left.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 AM

My personal experience with these at the South Store is that they will have 2 or 3 behind the counter and you can pick from those. As you can probably guess, not sure having a bunch of boxes laying on a table or in a box for people to rummage thru would be desireable from the CMPs perspective. Too many loose parts to keep track of to ensure that each is complete upon delivery.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM

I would call the store. I asked about the grade A kits twice last year. They had them and the one I looked at was nice. Both times I was told they were mostly H&R. Since H&R was last on my wish list I took a chance and mail ordered one. I received a mixmaster kit. It will make a nice rifle and I am happy with it but if I did it again I would pick one up at the North Store. If you go on a slow afternoon the staff would probably have more time to help you. I'm sure they would like to sell you one.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:35 PM

According to a post made by Orest on 12/21/11, he estimated the supply of Grade A kits would last another 6-9 months. Of coarse, this estimate was based on last years demand.

If the rumors start to fly that these kits are going to sell out sooner, I'm sure the demand will spike. That's how this market works.

Also, as members continue to post pictures of recent M14 builds, interest will increase. Some of the 7.62 mm Firearm builds are impressive.

After reading the above posts, I may soon be making another trip to the North Store.

Any other advice would be appreciated.
Garand Collectors Association
Northeastern Kentucky Fish and Game Association