Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Phil View Post
Ever seen the movie "Reefer Madness"?
Paid money to see that on a double bill with "She Shoulda Said No." And no, I'm not that old - it was the 1970's and the theater showed old movies sometimes.

I hope "She shoulda said no" doesn't come to my wife's mind when the FedEx truck pulls up!
Google advanced search: http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
In "site or domain" put: forums.thecmp.org
-
Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamajim View Post
HAHAAHAHAA, like it will be your last? I can remember when I said just one.... I am Bamajim and I am a Garandaholic.
I believe everyone of us has said "I only need one Garand". Because of money troubles I'm down to just two and my lower lip still quivers when I say that.
"I am Jim and I am also a Garandaholic"
Wait until the M1 carbine bug gets a hold of you too. That's a whole other addiction you will have to deal with. You can't have a Garand without having it's baby brother too. It's not nice to break up a family.
Congratulations on your first and enjoy while we still can...

"In life applied knowledge is wisdom, applied wisdom is enlightenment". Pick and choose your fights carefully.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM

I am not a Garandaholic but I have 2 '55s but I need to get a WW2 model to have all that I need. I do have a nice Carbine a '43 National Postal Meter but I need another Carbine as backup perhaps a Rockola. I have a 30-06 '03A3 Smith Corona because it shares the same cartridges as the Garand but I need a Hi-Lux scoped 8X 1903 Springfield clone as backup. I need Charter Arms WW2 type semi auto Thompson with all the wood replaced with old stuff that has character. Once I get that I'll have everything but I am NOT a Garandaholic!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:55 AM

Sounds like denial and I bet you say you can quit anytime you want. Hey just pulling your leg. I started recently with Mosins and have three. Then moved to Garand's and all of a sudden there are two with two more headed here from Dupage.

Then there is my one and only K98 Mauser that is looking for a brother.

I tell you these old rifles are a kick.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:04 AM

I too have a Mosin along with my Garand. From a rest, I believe my $109 Mosin is the most accurate rifle I've got! They are a blast to shoot, knowing the history and the millions of guys long gone who have also used them.

I've been shooting the Garand a lot too. I get a bit choked up every time I load and especially when she says "PING" back.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 AM

Gotta love that "ping". I was introduced to a Garand just 4 weeks ago. Almost got bit as I did not know about "M1 thumb" so while admiring a friends M1 I just about poked my finger into the open bolt before my friend said look out!

Anyway now I have a couple Garands and two more on the way.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David55Indiana View Post
Gotta love that "ping". I was introduced to a Garand just 4 weeks ago. Almost got bit as I did not know about "M1 thumb" so while admiring a friends M1 I just about poked my finger into the open bolt before my friend said look out!

Anyway now I have a couple Garands and two more on the way.
Contrats! Now you are hooked.

I remember getting my first back in the 70's thinking that it was going to be my only rifle.

Thanks to the CMP for allowing the purchase of multiple Garands.