Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstflabn View Post
An even better example of unethical behavior is when someone makes an accusation of unethical behavior based on reading an internet forum comment.
So everyone before me..i.e. those who saw them in person and talked with James River Armory in person are telling a lie? And, their own website is telling a lie about the specifications?
Old 08-02-2013, 02:53 PM

Kudo's to James River they are a good company with good products. My hats off to them for bringing back the Rock-Olas. Congrats I will have to buy one pronto. He will do it right unlike the Springfield M1A's of today. Wow a nice carbine new,not old worn surplus G.I. jammo-mattic's
Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM

And Maytag is now Chinese. Can we find out if the receivers are made in USA? I thought I read the SA Inc. receivers were made in Mexico.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to MajWatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwitte View Post
It will all depend on how they spin it. If they make it clear it is a reproduction with reproduction markings, then go for it. But if they start to try and push it off like an original GI, then we get into the unethical. From what some previous posts have said, it sounds like they are doing the latter.
From their website...... http://www.jamesriverarmory.com/inde...mid=1&TreeId=7

A. Rockola M1 Carbine
$1,195.00
Rebirth of An American Classic. This new MI Carbine weapon hasn't been made this way since 1945.
Product Details
Made to exact USGI ordance drawings!
Machined from 8620 billet steel-not cast!
All USGI parts compatible.
New Criterion barrel.
American black walnut stock.
When all work is done the rifle is test fired.
Must ship to a FFL dealer only.

Does't sound like the latter to me. Pretty clear to me it is new made to exact USGI ordnance drawings machined from 8620 billet steel, and compatible with all USGI parts. How much clearer could it be?
Senior Member (1572) of old CMP forum since 31 JUL 2006
M1CC - Member No: 239
GCA - Member No: 12919

NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, ROA Life Member, AUSA Life Member, MOAA Life Member, American Legion
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/Range Safety Officer
Texas CHL/LTC
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Ring View Post
I thought I read the SA Inc. receivers were made in Mexico.
Canada with parts from Taiwan.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Made to exact USGI ordance drawings!
Oh oh, now how "exact" is that?

Old 08-02-2013, 04:47 PM

Nothing unethical from what I can see. If they own the name, they own the name. Anyone with a pulse can easily tell they aren't trying to pass them off as original.

If James River can get awesome carbines out there to the public and undercut fulton armory's price by hundreds of dollars to boot, then more power to them. A new generation of shooters have one more choice of firearm..... We all win when that happens. Anti-gun idiots are the only losers from my persepective..
Old 08-02-2013, 05:40 PM

Amen brother , James armory will make a good M1 carbine better than the Kahr Auto-crap and SA crap. Good job James Armory!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwitte View Post
Wow, this is just ethically wrong. I don't care if they bought the Rock-Ola name. It sounds like they are trying to push off their new carbines as the rebirth of the Rock-Ola carbine today. Except, they are not made by Rock-Ola! Very sad... Now we will have to start watching for these things as they start showing up in USGI stocks...
Do you have the same problem with Springfield Armory Inc?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 PM

I don't mind them using the Rock-Ola name, but I think they are too expensive. The $1195 is advertised as an introductory price. I have no doubt they will be quality guns, but the only reason I would want a commercial carbine is as a shooter. I could get a Plainfield for alot less, and have a good non-GI shooter. If I wanted a brand new carbine, I could have a GI carbine re-parked, and buy a new stock for it. if I just wanted a Rock-Ola made carbine, I would just save my money up for the real thing. I just don't get the niche they are trying to fill.